“The Highlight of the Holiday, La Fuente !!!!”

Restaurante La Fuente
Ranked #9 of 683 Restaurants in Benalmadena
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Innovative international cuisine served in one of the oldest and most enchanting buildings in Benalmadena Pueblo.
Widnes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Highlight of the Holiday, La Fuente !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Having read the reviews on TA my wife and I decided to try this place, all I can say is YOU MUST do the same....

From the initial visual impact as you enter the square, to the setting, the menu, the extensive wine list, the attentive and proffessinal staff ..............we just could not fault it..

My wife and I tried the Langostine La Fuente and the Fillet steak and both were delicious, our friends chose from the 25Euro set menu and were equally happy... As a treat we also shared the homemade tirimisu (all desserts are home made) and nearly came to blows it was that good...

Another nice touch at the end of of meal was when Jose insisted that we accept a complimentary Cheesecake saying that we could not possibly come to La Fuente without trying their signature dessert...

We were so impressed by our first visit that my wife and I returned for lunch on our last day for the 7.50Euro Tapas lunch, fantastic value inclusive of a house wine or beer.....

My wife and I are big foodies and I have no hesitation in saying that this is one of THE places for overall dining experiences we have ever tried..

VIVA LA FUENTE !!!!

Tony & Nic Mac, Widnes Cheshire.

1 Thank Tony M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Finnish first
“TA Number 1 for a Reason!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We were in Benalmadena Costa for a week in July and visited the top 4 restaurants as recommended by Tripadvisor and although its rivals served good food in nice surroundings, restaurante la fuente is defiantly #1 for a reason!
We took a taxi there from the coast, which cost under 10euros (or buses are available to take you up to the pueblo).
On arrival we were charmed by the location in a pretty Spanish square and welcomed by the friendly staff of the restaurant. We sat back and enjoyed a jug of sangria whilst looking over the menu - our only complaint is that we wanted everything on it!! Having made our selections, we were not disappointed; the food was delicious!! Highlights were the lamb shank (which fell off the bone), thai chicken curry and fab salmon; followed up by delicious homemade desserts - we rolled home!
We choose our food off the set menu, to include 3 courses and 1/2 a bottle of wine each for 25euros - great value especially considering the quality of the food which we received.
Our tip - we strongly recommend booking ahead otherwise chances are you'll struggle to get a table as the restaurant is small and hugely popular.
Thanks La Fuente for a great evening - looking forward to a return visit.

1 Thank CardiffChrisPDuck
Sande
“Atmosphere and tast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Hade the pleasure to eat at La Fuente one warm evening.
The restaurant is situated in a former stable on and old square in an old pueblo. Even with all the tourists, all English and Scandinavian who has apartments, or rent apartments in the area, you can feel history and atmosphere in the stones.
One off the waiters was really helpful, even that evening, when they were understaffed.
But the most important thing, the food was superb. House read Rioja wine was good and complemented the flavors. The duck and the steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked, I just had to taste my wife’s food to. And I can recommend the lemon tart. If you have space for it, the portions are big enough.
After the meal, take a stroll over to the church and enjoy the views. I´m not sure, but I think you can see Africa on a clear night.
To be honest, I have only had better food in a small restaurant in Northern Sweden, only known locally.

2 Thank jcsyr
benalmadena
“"Superb ambiance"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We sat outside facing the fountain of La Nina in Plaza Espana, Benalmadena Pueblo as the sun was setting! The food matched the views. My starter was morcilla (black pudding), shallots and apple in a wonderful sherry sauce, followed by an Irish rib eye steak which melted in the mouth. Other also raved over their baby leg of lamb and breast of duck also with superb sauces. A glass or two of Faustino rioja topped off a brilliant occasion. Prices very reasonable from 20 to 30 euro inclusive. Dennis & Lynne xx

Enniskerry, Ireland
“restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

this restaurant is in a fabulous setting, very spanish, the food is fabulous and the staff are incredibly nice, tables inside or outside, personally love outside as you can watch all the comings and goings of a typical spanish square

1 Thank lesleymcateer