“Super Fischrestaurant am Rhein”
Review of Inselgasthof Nass

Inselgasthof Nass
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Rees
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Last weekend we visited Inselgasthof Nass after a warm and Sunny day. We were lucky to find a nice table in the in the sun with riverview.
My partner order plaice (schol) as special item for the day and I order the plaice filet. Besides the fish we got baken potatoes and salad. The fish was very delicious.
So if you are in the neighborhood and have an appetite for fish it is the perfect place.
We will definitely return soon.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2016

A wide variety of fish dishes which are tastefully served. Other speciallity dishes are also served, the service was very good and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

For all there's a wide choice of fish on the menu, everyone that I invited until now is so amazed by the fresh fish and the various types of sea food and sweet water fish that is served, often they serve specials, just ask. Some advice: take just a main course or two starters. Also you can ask for a small main dish if you prefer a starter. The view wines of the house that come in completely filled glasses will satisfy all your needs. The service does it all, kind, smiling and always helpful if you have some allergic reactions on ingredients, this amazed me how flexible they are, just ask.
The terrace has a perfect view on the river Rhine that flows into the Netherlands.
Parking is there for everyone, front and backside.
In the winter time it's cosy inside, not really old fashioned, just good and cosy!
The food does it all, a place you need to go.
While there I noticed, (from the license plates) that guest are driving more than 100 Km to eat here, I can imagine why!
Sometimes you need to wait 4 to 18 minutes in the weekends.
Payment is by standard bank card or cash, no credit card.

Meat is also available on the menu, I never tried it, looks tasty when the plates are flying thru the waiters hands.

Go there and enjoy

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Want to do a bit of time travel? This restaurant does it. You get flung back to the early Eighties and I think that is great. Do not change it! It may look to some out of date, but hey so are all of those Belle Époque places in Paris, which everyone thinks is great. I Like the Eighties. The restaurant is located very very beautifully next to the Rine and has an excellent view. The customers are mainly best-agers and well to do. The serving staff is classic black brigade style. The owner a real
The fish is very fresh and comes in large portions. Very unusual these days.
I started with a tartar of herring and salmon, the herring was prepared the Dutch way (Matjes, the fish is put into a brine solution and left there for a while, the enzymes from the Pancreas together with the salt cure the fish) and the salmon was smoked. It was served on Rye bread and with some salad.
My friend had a tartar of salmon which was also very good.
Main course was Monkfish, with a herb sauce, with French fries, fresh vegetables and a salad. We both had it, I like monkfish a lot and see it seldom in a restaurant. The last time was, I think, about 25 years ago in my own restaurant (I used to be a chef). Maybe one should better not eat monkfish, as it is fished by beam trawling which is terrible for the seabed, but it is for me one of the finest fish there is.
The Monkfish was a large portion, fresh and well prepared. Vegetables where fine, the fries thin which was the only modern thing, I would have preferred the thick ones, let McDonalds keep the thin ones, I don’t go there. The salad also was fine, with a sweet salad dressing; If you don’t like that, tell them in advance. I think it fits with the whole ambiance of the 1980’s
We had a bottle of Wine, 2 bottles of water and the bill was about 100 Euro’s. Will visit again.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Pieter V
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This restaurant specializes in fish dishes, there is a good choice on the menu. They also offer several meat dishes. Portions are huge, the service is fast and friendly. On weekends you should reserve a table, because the restaurant always fills up quickly. This is amazing if you consider the somewhat remote location.

Date of visit: October 2013