All reviews western hotels good nights sleep stayed here lovely hotel shower minibar
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Stayed here in September 16 & was not too impressed. Stayed again for two nights as it is convenient for the customer.This experience was much better.
Finding the car park is still a a challenge as it is a little way away from the hotel entrance, with a small sign. But once found is underground & secure.Check in was easy, the guy on reception speaks excellent English & is very helpful. The room was spacious & this time the curtains worked well & kept the light out. Also I had a room at the back so much reduced traffic & delivery truck noise. All issues I'd had before.
The minibar was welcome, the peanuts, water & Toblerone being good after a long day.
The hotels restaurant was closed for my first night so I went to one the Italians across the road where I had a great meal. So good I returned the next night with a colleague.
Good nights sleep. The shower is the only thing I would criticise, The shower mixer is in the middle of one wall & very easy to knock whilst showering. Turning it either freezing cold or worse scalding hot. Breakfast was great, lots of selection & a great choice of loose teas. Everything tasted fresh & the varied choices were excellent.
Checkout on the second day was painless.
So much better than my first stay & would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Anita K, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit :)

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We were on our way back from Austria to the UK and decided to stop overnight in Eschweiler. I often stay in Best Western Hotels in the UK so I knew that we would not be disappointed.
We arrived just before 21.00 and the restaurant was unfortunately shut but the Italian across the road made up for it.
The room was very clean and quiet which made for a good nights sleep. The selection of food at the Breakfast Buffet was very good. Just what we needed for our drive to Calais to get the train back to the UK.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor which meant we could open the window.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Anita K, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you fot your response.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Until next time :)

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I am a Best Western diamond member so I usually stay in Best Western hotels when available in my destination. The Best Western Hotel de Ville seemed to be an OK deal with 90 EUR a night including breakfast. I got room 301 which is on the highest floor next to the elevator.

What I liked
- covered parking available however no sign says this is for the Best Western hotel (had to ask) and the price of 10 EUR / night seems to be high. A sign telling you that they will charge you double when you occupy more than one spot kind of reveals the general attitude in this hotel

What I did not like
- Restaurant was closed Saturday (because of a closed group) without prenotice and also no room service available, Considering that I chose the hotel because it was advertised with restaurant on premisis this is ridiculous
- Restaurant in general closed on Sunday
- Very dated rooms with old and heavy used furniture. The clock at the wall showing all the time 5 minutes before 12 reveals the general situation here.
- WiFi available for free but a sign says that it might not be very reliable since they are in the process of updating it until end of May. Really? They need 4 weeks to update WiFi?
- Check-in was quick but very much with a lack of friendlyness. Staff in general seems to not care about their guests. I think I did not hear one single friendly word while staying there neither I saw anybody smiling.
- Breakfast is below average - ok food but nothing special.

I will stay next time again at the Best Western Regency in Aachen downtown - it is maybe 20 EUR more expensive but so much more of the quality of accomodation I expect from a Best Western hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

We are sorry that you did not like your stay. We are always striving to offer our guests a beautiful stay. Perhaps next time you have a better impression.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Just great. Nice large rooms, very clean at an affordable price. Excellent breakfast (available on Sundays until 12pm). Hotel also has an underground parking. Good location to visit Aachen, Koln or Monschau. Try it you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thank you for your rating and the praise. Until next time :)

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Big rooms. Clean place. Great service. The breakfast is top. I do really recommend. Very polite and professional service. They agreed on providing us rooms very late with no problems and anyways with solutions.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Raimon,
thank you for your assessment.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. :)