All reviews western hotels room service good nights sleep stayed here lovely hotel shower minibar
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I am a Best Western diamond member so I usually stay in Best Western hotels when available in my destination. The Best Western Hotel de Ville seemed to be an OK deal with 90 EUR a night including breakfast. I got room 301 which is on the highest floor next to the elevator.

What I liked
- covered parking available however no sign says this is for the Best Western hotel (had to ask) and the price of 10 EUR / night seems to be high. A sign telling you that they will charge you double when you occupy more than one spot kind of reveals the general attitude in this hotel

What I did not like
- Restaurant was closed Saturday (because of a closed group) without prenotice and also no room service available, Considering that I chose the hotel because it was advertised with restaurant on premisis this is ridiculous
- Restaurant in general closed on Sunday
- Very dated rooms with old and heavy used furniture. The clock at the wall showing all the time 5 minutes before 12 reveals the general situation here.
- WiFi available for free but a sign says that it might not be very reliable since they are in the process of updating it until end of May. Really? They need 4 weeks to update WiFi?
- Check-in was quick but very much with a lack of friendlyness. Staff in general seems to not care about their guests. I think I did not hear one single friendly word while staying there neither I saw anybody smiling.
- Breakfast is below average - ok food but nothing special.

I will stay next time again at the Best Western Regency in Aachen downtown - it is maybe 20 EUR more expensive but so much more of the quality of accomodation I expect from a Best Western hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

We are sorry that you did not like your stay. We are always striving to offer our guests a beautiful stay. Perhaps next time you have a better impression.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Just great. Nice large rooms, very clean at an affordable price. Excellent breakfast (available on Sundays until 12pm). Hotel also has an underground parking. Good location to visit Aachen, Koln or Monschau. Try it you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thank you for your rating and the praise. Until next time :)

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Big rooms. Clean place. Great service. The breakfast is top. I do really recommend. Very polite and professional service. They agreed on providing us rooms very late with no problems and anyways with solutions.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Raimon,
thank you for your assessment.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. :)

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Value for money. Staff is helpful. Close to shopping centre and many restaurant nearby. Breakfast is good and tasty. Disadvantage is wifi internet is out of order during my stay. Stayed 6 night only first night had wifi although it is slow.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for this valuation. We are sorry, but we had at this time internet conversions.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Being a seasoned traveller, and a wheelchair user I can take the rough with the smooth, tonight though takes the biscuit...... I fly in from Geneva to germany , take a 1 and a half hour taxi ride to the hotel..... Budding F1 wan a be.... Hotel empty, staff of one.... Book in okay room small but good and clean and accessible..... Go down to dinner , it's 8 30 and I need a g and t and my stomach is growling at me . The restaurant is next door, so I go out and it's stairs everywhere.... Return to reception, how to get to the restaurant? Reply oh sorry there are no tables for another hour ...... What the hellI reply your joking , I'll go to the bar , oh there is no bar ......... Back in room now drinking yuck little bottle of wine waiting to be told a table is ready..... Not happy. . To be continued lol ...

Room Tip: Pot luck , my room was small but okay
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear ThirstyfromParis,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.