“WONDERFUL!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
Perth
“WONDERFUL!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

From the moment we arrived the relaxation began. we entered through a wonderful leafy driveway through security gates with warm smiles We where greated warmly by front desk staff. Given an ice cold face washer to wipe our face and hands and a cold ginger tea (So refreshing).there where 2 musicians playing peaceful music in the foyer giving a great ambiance.
We had booked online and upgraded to a deluxe room for $10 or so more, so worth every penny. We where shown to our room and there was the biggest bed ever, which turned out to be super comfortable. The bathroom was nice typical marble look that you get in most asian countries with nice touches like the soap was placed on a fresh philodendram leaf, and very clean. The room was very nice with timber cupboards and a step down sitting area leading to a private balcony overlooking one of the pools. To my surprise a squirrel ran accross the balcony checking out the newest guests. Bali is a noisy place but our room was almost sound proof. Staff tended our room twice daily clening in the morning and a turn down and fresh towel service in the evening, restocking bottled water each time. The Breakfast buffet was just wonderful, you can even order cappachino!! Staff just so helpful. We ate at the Sands and Kunyit restuarants both within the grounds and the meals where exellent, service exellent and so clean. Also we didnt think they where too pricy for a very nice eatery. We also ordered poolside meals and they too where great and not pricy at all. Happy our at the swim up bar was a favorite with great cocktails, cold bintang and attentitive staff. The hotel is set in beautiful well maintained gardens, with ponds full of fish, frogs and squirrels in the tree's and fronts strait onto the beach. We swam at the beach and it was lovely. All in all We highly recomend this great hotel and would book again in an instant..(don't forget to feed the fish on your way back from breaky and the ducks too, its a treat) We visited in April 2012 there where 3 couples and one child all where equaly pleased with there stay

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LIZandELT
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Garden room was big with space for 3 small kids and 2 adults. Friendliness of staff was amazing even for Bali.
Included breakfast and afternoon tea which were both great. If you want to be close to kuta but not too close then this is fine choice

Stayed January 2012
2 Thank adventurez1789
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just spent a week at the Santika resort on Kuta beach. Upgraded our room as for the money we were paying it seemed a shame to be stuck in a tiny little room. The gardens are amazing and the resort is very well maintained. Breakfast is something to see. Although as I said for the money I would prefer to stay somewhere else and just go there pay $15. US and have the breakfast.
Moved to a premier room on ground floor which was close to the swim up pool bar and we thought ideal for us, (I was travelling with my 20 yr old daughter) there was absolutely no atmosphere around the pool at all. Hardly any guests, no-one coming up and asking if you wanted anything, half the time there was no one even serving at the bar. They played the same bob marley cd constantly, so we bought them several new CDs of mixed music. (the staff were as happy as we were for the change) I guess I am used to a different experience in Bali, I love the friendly poolside comraderry that usually happens in Bali ( discovery Kartika, dinasty, etc) where the music is on, the cocktail makers are busy and everyone is having fun. I am also starting to find that south Kuta, Kuta and Tuban are just so much more expensive than Legian. I moved for the last few nights and stayed at the Maharta hotel (owned by the Niksoma group) and would stay there again and again. I will prob only go into Kuta for Queen of India, (best Indian food ever!!), Bali Garden Boardwalk, (Make sure and see Nita at the sunset bar), for cocktails and pizza as they are the cheapest in Kuta and the best and as a bonus you can watch a spectacular sunset over the beach, other than that it's Legian for me. My last 2 days I spent the same as my first 1/2 day in Kuta. So even though the Santika is lovely unless I got it really cheap or was staying with a large group and had my own atmosphere, I would not choose to stay there again. I payed less through agoda for the Discovery Kartika and it was 100 times the stay. Thanks to all the staff who tried to make our stay nice, it wasn't you.

Room Tip: Be aware that the upstairs deluxe rooms don't have a balcony, the bungalows look amazing and the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PerthTravelmad
aussie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

my daughter and i stayed at the santika in august, it was a nice room, except i had trouble with my mattress, which they happly exchanged for me after some time due to language problem. The staff were really lovely, and very friendly, i was dissapointed they never told us much about what the hotel had to offer in the way of massages and beauty services, nor did we find the front of the hotel and its nice bars near the beach till half way through our stay. The fish pond with the ducks was really beautiful and well maintained, was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: higher floor has less noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is my second time staying at Santika Premiere.
The first time was around 2007, at that time I stayed at the Premiere room which was a good bargain, considering this time I stayed at the deluxe room only IDR 300k cheaper but was so different in terms of comfort.
Upon arrival I regretted the decision to book deluxe room and tried to get an upgrade but the premiere rooms were all taken.
The premiere room is bright with balcony and feels clean.
Whilst the deluxe room don't have a balcony, although if your on the first floor there is a small porch.
Deluxe room feels old and have mosquitos in them because it is situated around trees (the hotel provided each room with bug spray and electric mosquito repellent).
Breakfast was still as good as I remembered from my first time, with many choices which all taste good.
Location is good as it is near (walking distance) to discovery mall, restaurants, shopping ,etc.
Beach has sharp corals and most of the time not swim-able, but you can walk along the beach (or rent a bike) further to the right for a swim-able beach (North Kuta or Legian beach).
All in all it was a good stay but not a great stay. Could've been better had I stayed in the Premiere room.

Room Tip: Premiere rooms are clean and bright.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C4liforniaGurl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
0.3 km away
#23 of 249 in Kuta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,363 reviews
0.6 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali

Been to Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK