“Great place....a must try.”

Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Mumbai, India
“Great place....a must try.”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

It took me long to decide whether I should be booking a the Holiday Inn. I am glad I did so. My wife and me stayed here on a short 5 days trip to Bali. And what a trip it was. We must compliment the hotel for a flawless service and ever smiling staff. The food was good, though not great, however, the pool, the room and the Tea tree spa made our trip feel very complete. Must confess, that the massage was one of the best I have ever taken The travel desk at the hotel organized a cooking class for us too. The very helpful guys at the front desk were always ready in assisting us as to where to go for dinners. I strongly recommend everyone on booking the Holiday Inn, also for their locational advantage. The Kuta square is barely 4 minutes by cab. The only place I feel the hotel needs to pay some serious attention is the general upkeep of the rooms. We were in 2202 and right from the door to the furnishing inside had a worn out look. Thanks Holiday Inn for making this trip of ours a success. You will see us soon!!

Room Tip: Take the pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rishi M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
adelaide
Reviewed 27 July 2012

stayed there in june 2012 for one month ocean view. was a fantastic place,had no complaints at all, every where i went was a+++++ the breakfast, ,dinner etc the gym ,the staff etc etc the noise level fantastic,no ferrals, room was spotless, got on with everybody also the guests who came there where my type,.will be there next year again ,wouldnt stay any other place and i checked them out too ,have my personnel reasons why,i always stay in bali every year for 1 month.too many of you guests always compalin ,omg stay home if thats the case have a lovely day........iam from adelaide australia

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank muscles1959
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just returned from an 11 day holiday in Bali - 5 nights in Holiday Inn Resort Baruna and 6 nights in Novotel Benoa.

Holiday Inn

Fantastic Holiday. Travelling with my wife and two small children (aged 5 and 2), we booked the 2 bedroom Family Suite. Highly recommend this room. Not a massive room, but each bedroom has ensuite, TV, DVD player. The childrens room (pirate themed) also had a Playstation, although not used by our two.

Adult Bathroom is small and surrounded by glass, so you can see your partner having a shower (bonus) and go to the toilet. There are pull down screens to block the view.

Two pools - a kiddy pool that my 2 1/2 daughter could easily sit in (.4 metres deep) and a larger adult pool that has a swim up bar.

Right on the beach, but I have to say that the beach is not particularly good. Nothing like Australia beaches, but we knew that before travelling. Nice enough to go for a walk on and watch the planes land.

Close to airport (about a 10 minute taxi trip), but you do not hear the planes.

There are a few restaurants near by, but you really need to get into Kuta to have a good selection. The taxi trip from the Hoiday Inn to WaterBom Park was 5000 rupiah (about AUD $1).

Kids Club was awesome. My 5 year old didn't want to leave. Had planned hourly activities ranging from craft, baking cookies to feeding fish.

Breakfast was great - but did have to line up a few mornings - but not too long.

A few money exchanges, but rate is better in Kuta. DO NOT try and exchange money across from the Royal Tower resort - the guy wouldn't let me count the money before I left. Kept pulling it out of my hand. When I refused to leave before counting, he threw by Australian Dollars back in my face and told me to exchange elsewhere. Some young upstart trying to rip people off.

My only criticism of the resort is that due to the location, very few taxis drive by and even fewer will offer metred trips. A metred trip to Kuta will cost approx 5000 rupiah, but many of the "transport" vans wanted 50 000 rupiah min. If you are happy to walk along the path (along the beach), then it would take you about 10 - 15 minutes to get to Waterbom Park. A very pleasant walk. You can walk along the road at the front of the resort to get a taxi - about 10 minutes as well.

If just my wife and I, would have enjoyed the walk, but with a 5 and 2 yr old (in a stroller), the lack of taxi's was an issue for us.

Can strongly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Family Suite if taking children. Can close the door each night and have your own private time.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Indiigostarr
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This resort is located on the beach just a few minutes drive into Kuta. Also they are conveniently close to the airport. There was a problem from check in, they did not have a room for someone in our party. At just a few rooms; 6 guests in total, we were not an unmanageable group! The service was non-existent. The welcome drink was some some of gross jello shooter cocktail that no one enjoyed. Who OK'd this?

They have a swim up pool bar with delicious overpriced drinks. 5* price at a 3* hotel. The grounds are nice enough, though not too expansive. The atmosphere was very loud with drunk people speaking in many languages. Exotic & sloppy...

It must be the newer rooms that are nice, earning good reviews here. The standard rooms are very old. Like an old Holiday Inn. These were musty and too small for twin occupancy along with a large chair in the room that is not to scale. The room is so cozy as it is why is there this huge overstuffed thing in here. The bathroom seemed mouldy. All of the other hotels that we stayed at in Bali included wi-fi. Wi-fi is not included here. The hotel is overpriced and not recommended.

Room Tip: If you must stay here then do not book their cheapest room. Request a quiet location away from all t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Great_Expectations84
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Great_Expectations84,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our resort. I was quite surprised by the content of your review given that despite our efforts to keep a log of all guests comments, I was not able to find any reports that would match the events you described. You had my mobile phone, direct office extension and email. I wish you had given me an opportunity to share your concerns while in the resort so I could make thing right for you.

I sent you a private message on 7 August but till date I have not had any reply. The intent of my message was to apologise and understand better the situation and where we may have over promised and under delivered so I can try once more to make it right.

You might be pleased to know that we have changed our welcome drink to a refreshing mango Rosella iced tea (we support a poor area of Bali by buying their Rosella products).

We would like to inform you that we only use imported - and fully-licensed - alcohol that do come at a steep price (in fact, the most expensive in the region) so as to provide original tastes and protect the safety of our guests.
Non-licensed alcohol or sub-standard alcohol is widely available and used through out. As they do come at a much cheaper price and at times with health risks, establishments that choose to use them have the possibility to lower down their selling prices.
Nonetheless, based on our detailed research, with an average price of USD 10 (including taxes and service charge!) for our top quality drinks, we are very confident that we provide very good value for money for comparable products and experiences.

As for the ambience of the resort, we are a mid-scale family friendly resort and promote ourselves accordingly. Looking at other places you stayed at in Bali (top 5 star hotels), I can understand that your experience with us was quite contrasting.

I would like to apologise for not living up to expectations. Once again, the team and I would have loved to make things right for you.

Many thanks

Kind regards,

Stephane
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed here on 22 and 23rd june. Nice hotel, good deluxe room, upgraded on arrival. didn't eat at the hotel, but have in the past, food is very good if a bit pricy, discount offered for breakfast costs, choose to take the nice walk down the beach path. I normally stay at the Holiday for short in transit stops in Bali as i consider it too far to walk for a long stay if you want to eat elsewhere or go in to Kuta and choose a more convieniant hotel, but when you tired from a long haul fight and need a nice place to relax its perfect. the only problem was the amount of mosquitos in the room and on the patio, i had a garden facing room and don't think the grounds are sprayed enough, but that didn't detract from a relaxing 2 night stay. looking forward to my next in transit stop.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
0.9 km away
Legian Beach Hotel
#14 of 87 in Legian
2.2 km away
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK