Just got home from a 4 night stay at the holiday inn resort baruna..
Was a little unsure about booking this hotel as there were mixed reviews - we loved it. Have stayed in 4 hotels in the last 3 weeks over Bali and Thailand and this one was our fav!
Staff were super friendly and helpful, our room was cleaned everyday+ complementary bottles of water, meals were reasonably priced (nasi gorang $4.50au), cocktails at the envy bar by the beach were the best we had on our holiday although a little pricey they were well with it (~$9- 10). Pool and pool bar beautiful and clean- not as good cocktails as the envy bar tho, brekky was nice- eggs cooked to order and bought to your table, fresh paterys and heaps of other stuff, I loved that if the sun beds are left with towels on them and no one occupying them the staff move the towels and belongings after an hour. Nothing worse than pple hogging chairs for the day when they are not even there!
Laundry was priced competitively and fast! We had 20 pieces washed dryed and folded for $10au and returned only about 5 hrs later at no extra charge. (you can also get laundry done even cheaper at one of the nearby shops but it is so convenient not to leave the hotel with it)
They have an in house shop that sells drinks- we bought a 600ml bottle of water for about 25c au so cheap there but to purchase the water at the bar was expensive. $8 for 750ml.
Don't have kids myself, went just my boyfriend and I but looks like a great place for kiddies and families and also a great place for young and young at heart as its so close to town without being right in the middle of it all.
Just one negative- the room had a funny mouldy smell.. You do get used to it.. I think it's in all the rooms and the kitchen area as I have read reviews about the smell and even the water Mellon at brekky seemed to have soaked in the mouldy smell flavour.
Mouldy smell aside, we will definately be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort's (R) pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban