“Never Disappointed...ever”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Never Disappointed...ever”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Whether you have the true pleasure of visiting the downtown square and spending time at Mom and Popcorn or ordering online, you will get first class service and product. Not sure how they do it, but the popcorn is amazing. Try the McKinney mix! It jalapeno and carmel corn together and oh, so good. They also have a salt water taffee tower that you can hand pick your favorite mix for yourself or for a gift, literally hundreds of candy bins with true originals that span several generations ( most of which we lost when the old nickel and penny candy counters closed) and the most amazing home made fudge I have ever tasted... and I really dont like fudge!

The staff that works at Mom and Popcorn are friendly, courteous, and professional and the Owners are very hard working, hands-on quality and customer service focused people.

Really hard to go wrong here. For my mom's 85th birthday, I visited and one of the employees helped me put together a really neat gift box of candies that basically spanned her life and mine and she was thrilled.

I've been able to order popcorn and gift boxes online and they handle it all first class, including the shipping!

Definitely a simple, guilty pleasure!!!!

2 Thank bartender3361
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ridgeway, Virginia
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 361 helpful votes
“Wow! This really is a Must-See!”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Wow!!! I had been seeing these reviews for a candy store here in McKinney and I thought 'Who reviews a candy store?". So I finally had to go look at it. OMG! This place is unreal. Every kind of candy you can imagine, 40 flavors of taffy and tons of different kinds of popcorn. Bins and barrels everywhere. You buy by the pound for most candies. Wow again. This really is a must see! (and the taffy is scrumptious)

1 Thank Beth B
Frisco Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best little candy shop”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Strolling around downtown Mckinney is always very nice, just be sure to stop at this popcorn/candy shop. They have a wide variety of things and every flavor of popcorn you could think of. The prices are good, and the owners are very friendly and fun to talk to. Just keep in mind that they don't open until 10 am, even though their website says 9am.

2 Thank JohnandJane7
Texas
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Ask for free sample!”
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The Mom & PopCorn shop will give you a free sample of just about anything in the store so you can "try before you buy". They have over 45 different flavors of popcorn, making it somewhat overwhelming to pick which flavor you want. So asking for a sample is a great way to decide which one(s) you like best. Their $1.25 snack size bags are an economical way to buy a small portion of several flavors, or they will mix different flavors in the same bag if you ask. My favorite flavor is "creamy dill".

They also have gourmet fudge, saltwater taffy, nostalgic candy in glass jars that can be bought by the pound, and other fun and tasty goodies.

The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to make your visit fun and nostaglic. If you are in the downtown McKinney area, this is one stop you have to make!

4 Thank ned4me
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best little candy store I've ever seen!”
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I love this store! It reminds me of some candy stores my late Grandfather would take me to when I was very little. I couldn't wait to share the store with my children. They had been in other candy stores, of course ... but they knew this one was special when we walked in the door. They were so excited - and I loved showing them the old-fashioned candy that my mom (their Grandma) had told them about, as well. It was a wonderful little trip down memory lane - and an opportunity to share a piece of my past with my kids.

3 Thank displacedyankee109