“Not a real value, bugs, dirty and rude staff”

WoodSpring Suites McKinney
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Wichita, Kansas
“Not a real value, bugs, dirty and rude staff”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for two weeks against my better judgement but they will not refund you money once you pay. Don't know if you can see the photo of the roach in the lobby but that sets the tone for this location. Room was dirty when we got here. Stains on pillow cases, sticky table and stained chairs plus a nasty odor that was unpleasant. Asked for another room and security person, I wont name her, said she had to see the room. She gave me every excuse as to why the room was dirty and smelled; we have a new cleaning person and they arent so good. The smell in here is normal it's just that the AC is off. She was rude, apologied for nothing and would not change the room. I asked for money back and that's when she said no refunds. Odor never went away and we bought plug-ins to help with it. They shut off my web access despite renewing for a week so I couldn't work. Don't continue to give people to these bad people.

• Stayed June 2012
VPRay175, Area Manager at WoodSpring Suites McKinney, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your Feedback. We have regularly scheduled visits from a National Pest Control company and we take it very seriously. We use a 99 point checklist in a three phase process to make sure rooms are clean and ready for our guests. Our Property Managers personally take the time to inspect each room before guests check-in. We apologize that we did not provide you with a better stay. We are confident if you give us another try will we provide you with a much better experience.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Princeton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My family and I have been here since Jan 2012. Due to me having a car wreck and losing my house. The best place to stay. The staff is awesome they take care of you. If something is wrong they fix it. If you need anything they let you have it or use it. For the prices it good. You have a kitchen and you still can cook. Its like you are away from home but when other people are cooking you can smell it in the halls. I have meet some really nice people that I will contunie to talk to outside of Value Place. The key cards is great and awesome that people cant find you if you dont want to be found. If I ever need a hotel again I know where my family will be going??? Thanks so much Mrs. LG.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is the best down by the laundry room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites McKinney, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will chose Value Place again if you are ever in need of a place to stay.

Thank you for the positive review. That's what we strive for every day.

Value Place Property Management
Austin, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 May 2012

First off let me say that I travel extensively with my job and I stay at one location for weeks at a time. I have just recently discovered Value Place as an option to stay. Now at first I was thinking that the hotel might have been dirty or of low quality due to the name. I took a chance anyway because the price was outstanding. It turns out that this is a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was amazing. I was very surprised at how much the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I was put off by the fact that they did not have a coffee pot in the room, but once I was told that my stay was more like a smaller lease on an apartment I figured, when I rent an apartment it doesn’t come with a coffee pot, pots and pans so it didn’t bother me. Another thing that I liked was the fact that they have a security person on site at all times. All and all I will be back here again, and I would defiantly recommend this location to anyone looking for a great deal and a great stay.

Room Tip: If you want more space I would recomend getting the studio sleeper or the double room. Its a little...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chirs H
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct, in many ways our rooms are like renting your own studio for a short time. But the good thing is we don't require any long term commitments!

We wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Value Place Property Management
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I complained to the front office Amanda about ant issues and asked each day if my room was sprayed. The room was never sprayed. Rooms are dirty. Front office staff are rude. Manager quit. Don't waste your money.

Trophy Club is the best!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Rooms are Dirty!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BJNO12
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I just had three members of the staff storm my front door because my window must be locked, or else I will get fined $25 a day. According to them, It's a safety issue. If my window is open more than five inches and isn't locked, I'm in some sort of danger. Never mind that my air conditioner hasn't worked for six months. The staff here isn't used to people who know what it is to rent an apartment or own a home.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or restaurant. rooms on the north side are next to John Deere, where work...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Heather L, Value Place Property Management at WoodSpring Suites McKinney, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
We take customer complaints very seriously. We have no record of a complaint of ants in any of our rooms. We have a protocol in place in the event that we get pests in our property. we absolutely want to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible.