See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

I tend to visit family in South Texas every year and I always make sure to stay in La Copa Hotel. Two years ago I made the mistake of letting a travel agent book the hotel and they made a mistake booking a flea pit by the same name. I now make my own hotel bookings! Since my last visit the hotel has yet again upgraded the decor in the bedrooms and the toilets. Reception area and dining areas have also been upgraded. The bilingual staff were very welcoming and attentive. Nothing was a problem. I am also pleased to say that they have also upgraded their wifi system and new wide screen televisions in the rooms. I had a huge super Texas bed all to myself (joy) and I could watch as much football as I wanted between visiting family and shopping in the Plaza Mall that is right across the parking lot from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 128 near the pool was excellent and very quiet in November
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The main advantage for this hotel is the location, is a walking distance from the Mall Plaza and quite close from other good store shopping options on the 33 streat (i.e. Ross, Burlington, etc). The hotel is ok, especially if you consider you're just staying there to spend the night or maybe if you want to take a break during shopping time. Is clean, silence and has the basics to have a good rest. Despite is not the cheapest in the zone I found the price to be fair.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AnaComsa
Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

What a surprise, and I don't mean that in a good way. As it was one of the last hotels in McAllen with an available room, we had little choice but to take it. The exterior of the hotel is run down from the building to the landscaping. Rust is significant on anything metal as well as the bathroom floor. When I arrived at the room, the smoke alarm battery was sounding. When I called to report it, I was told how to remove the battery. Fire. Hazard? At 146/night, I will not be retuning.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ALBESURE04
Reviewed 5 December 2014

Another return visit to La Copa Hotel in McAllen. Unfortunately not without problems. My travel agent booked La Copa Inn on Houston Street instead and honestly you don't want to stay there. Called a taxi and moved to La Copa on 10th Street. Just be careful you don't make the same mistake. Got my regular room on the side facing La Plaza Mall and Macy's. It was clean and tidy. They have upgraded the shower room and it was great. You have a microwave and small fridge in the room if you need one. Unfortunately room 248 does not have a place to hang your clothes but they do have plenty of cupboard space so that meant we had to be a bit tidier. There was one employee that had a friendly smile and was really helpful at breakfast time. Her name was Rosa and she was a delight every morning we were there. I will definitely be coming back here again.

Room Tip: We prefer to be on the side that faces the Mall. It's our personal preference. Families may want a pool side room. The staff are very willing to help you chose.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ArtRamirez
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I regularly stay at La Copa Hotel in McAllen when visiting family in the Valley. Recent refurbishment has upgraded the accommodation and facilities. Every stay has been very pleasant and my room has always been very clean and tidy. The Plaza Mall is right across the street and I could see Macy's department store from my windows. The air conditioning is very welcomed even in November when I normally go to McAllen. Breakfast is adequate and if you are still hungry try the food hall in the Plaza Mall. They have a pool to entertain the kids as well.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all areas of the hotel and all are good but if you don't want daytime noise from the pool ask to stay on the Plaza Mall side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ArtRamirez
HershalP, Public Relations Manager at La Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello ArtRamirez,

Thanks for staying with us, and thank you VERY much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your kind words are greatly appreciated as we strive to provide an excellent experience to all of our guests.