See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Where to start .... There is good and bad for this trap house we stayed in... The good the cleaning lady was nice the room was clean after I had to ask but no big deal ..being close to the beach is nice ..the drinks at the pool bar were very well made me and my wife enjoyed them my son had fun in the pool ...now here comes this trap house in disguise...first when we got in our room it was so hot the air was broken finally they sent someone up to fix it..I know it's summer but this trap house is over price 225 a night too much the pool was hot and dirty the hot tube was dirty and cold yes go figure so crazy ...we needed to have a cart to carry our bags the lazy little girl at the front just said sorry we are out we only have 2 for the whole hotel ...didn't bother to see if they were back yet so me my wife and son walk the stairs with our bags ..because guess what the the elevator didn't work well it did but since I just check into a trap house you had to wait 30 min just to get on it..so we used the stairs our whole stay it was only 2 days so no big deal...on the 2nd night we went to bed at 12 midnight to be only waken up at 4am because the fire alarm was going off again it continued to go off all day the previous day ..myself my wife and my 7 year old son was half asleep standing outside in our pj..so while I was out there I ask the fire department guys what happen and the fire Marshall told me it was la copa inn alarm system it needed to be up dated no fire so we all went back in ..in the am the breakfast they give is a cluster mess one worker on waffle station and omelette station no tables to sit at the first day my family and I had to sit on the floor after waiting almost 45 min to get a waffle..on the 2nd morning we drove down the street for breakfast you can't even enjoy your breakfast in that cluster mess they need to be more organized ..when we went to check out I ask if we could get a discount on the 2nd night because my family was woken up I was told no because that was a emergency situation like I said I talk to the fire department myself so that little lazy girl lied so no discount...so please don't stay here go the left or the right hotel next to this trap house we will never stay here again...

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank natmendez
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Failed to take pictures this time, hope to make a clear review.
The good:
Price: Since dollar exchange rate has gone crazy up, this time I looked for a cheaper hotel than usually book (around $100 usd per night), found this option in $70 usd per night average so I decided to try, and as expected, price fits what you get, some good, but not great, and some ugly details.
Location: Right in front of La Plaza Mall, Macy´s entrance, so you can literally walk to the mall and not take your car, it can be difficult to park at the mall so location of this hotel was perfect, very accesible, also walking distance from a convenience store, manifiestos and restaurants.
Bed: comfortable and clean linnig´s.

The not so great:
Tiny room: not a bad thing since it is functional, just to sleep, but it is small.
Loud: nearby there is a sports bar that has loud music and you can hear it all, if you are light sleeper you won´t sleep until past midnight.
Breakfast: It was average but big crowds of guests in a tiny space not enjoyable.

The bad:
Maintenance: Hotel needs a lot of maintenance, you can see paint falling of walls and doors, wood doors are rotten on edges, curtain skirting board with ruptures, overall worn building, but again, to be expected due price.

The very bad:
bathroom was clean but not clean enough, I could tell that they clean on rutine basis, sanitize WC and deep clean the shower bathtub but failed to look up, shower walls weren´t cleaned our hole stay, I found upon arrival some hairs and they were still there when I left, horrible detail and probably the dealbreaker for our next stay.

Would stay there again... probably not, unless it is very, very cheap for it to be a better choice than the similar hotels also nearby.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Where to start? 2.5 hour long check in since they could not locate the reservation and would not accept the confirmation I showed them on my phone. A/C in first room did not work so we had to move to another one. Reserved a king and was given two doubles. Toilet barely flushed. Floor dirty. Hair dryer plug was fried and non-functional. Bedside light switch barely functional. No wi-fi in room as advertised. No continental breakfast as advertised. Would not give me a receipt at check-out. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in to town to visit his family for a few days. When booking the hotel we were a little hesitant because of the low ratings but because we wanted to save money we chose this one and crossed our fingers that it would still be livable. I wish we had just bit the bullet and spent the extra $15 a night to stay at the la Quinta a block away.
First, when we arrived they said that it was a full house and they were still cleaning the newly vacated rooms. We arrived after 2 so of course we assumed that our room should rightfully be ready. After asking the lady up front several times when we could get a room, she magically found us a downgraded room under a VERY loud family. When we got inside I was let down even more. It's cramped, the paint is peeling and needs to be touched up, there's loose wires coming out of the walls, and our new "clean" pillows had stains and dirt all over them. When we brought this issue up to the new lady at the front desk she proceeded to tell me that they HAD NO CLEAN LINENS. What respectable hotel has NO clean linens?! When I took the pillows as proof the lady simply took them from me and said she'd clean them. Leaving us with no pillows for the night. She continued to laugh at me as I left the office.
When my boyfriend went to say something and complain to try and get us a refund, she said all she had was smoking rooms until tomorrow evening. I then watched her give a nonsmoking room to a non reservation holder. I was furious.
I wish I were able to share the pictures I took of the evidence in our room because it would turn any sane person away. I wish I would have seen the reviews of the CRACK HOTEL before I booked this. Crack hotel is right. Never again will I stay here. This place needs an inspection and a shut down PRONTO.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breezy R
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The location was great but they really need to fix their a/c units. The place looks run down but I could live with that or so I thought. As soon as we got in the room it was really hot and we told the man cleaning the room but he said to give it a few minutes to cool down and if it didn't for us to call the front desk so we can get a new room. Well we just dropped off our stuff and went shopping. When we came back our room were still very hot so I called the front desk and the lady said she couldn't change us to a new room because they had just booked their last room five minutes ago. She said she would call a maintenance man to come and fix it. Well my husband and I took off again to eat dinner and when we came back our room was hotter than ever. It was cooler outside than in that room. We went back to the front desk and a different lady said she just had to turn on a switch because they could control the temperature from there. We believed her and went back to our room. When we headed to our room, we saw two ladies who looked like prostitutes being guarded by men, go into one of the rooms. A man stayed outside to guard I guess and tracked us as we went to our room. Our sense of security was gone at that point. I remembered the review that said crack hotel and felt bad for not listening to them. We barricaded our door just in case and had to take 3 showers that night just to stay cool. The a/c unit started working at 5 in the morning but by that time we were almost going to check out. When we left at 7 in the morning I told the lady our a/c didn't work until that morning and she said I should have told her so she could move us to another room. At that time I told her we were told there were no other rooms available. She just looked at me and didn't know what to say. We left and will never be staying in any La Copa Inn's ever based on how our attempts at fixing this problem never got resolved and the lack of sense of security.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple