“Grade A Prime Indeed”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #102 of 508 Restaurants in McAllen
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 110
Description: Il Forno Brands' opens it's highly anticipated Prime by IL Forno. This is Il Forno Brands flagship concept featuring a modern twist to the steak house concept.
Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

In town for business and wanted a good steak.

Entering Prime you will be impressed by the decor.

Was seated at a table facing the kitchen so I could watch the “heartbeat” of the restaurant and was impressed.

Service was top shelf. Appetizer, entree (Filet) and atmosphere were all 5 star.

Do yourself and friends a favor by having dinner at Prime. With fresh fish, fresh baked bread upon order, fresh vegetables and great steak, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2020
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed 1 June 2020

First time there, I was super impressed. The drinks,food and service were top notch. I am going back for my anniversary tomorrow. 5 Stars

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 30 December 2019

not a great steakhouse but an okay one. if you want a great steakhouse, go to bob's chophouse in Edinburg, Texas. Wife ordered the veal at prime, she wanted it medium well- the veal came out medium rare. could only eat a portion of the veal, left the rest.
steak was cooked medium after I told the waiter I wanted it cooked medium well. I guess a bad night in the kitchen. Preesentation, was not that great. Ordered a Manhattan on the rocks, no booze in it at all. Best Manhattan's are at Bob's Chophouse.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank sunrvvillage
Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

Amazing prime filet steak and mashed potatoes with white truffles! Truffles in the RGV??? What an unexpected treat. This restaurant is consistently enjoyable and offers the finest quality fare-usually found in the big cities like NY, SF, LA or Chi. Great wine offerings by the glass like Caymus and Ornellaia to pair with that meat!!!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 27 September 2019

I just celebrated my anniversary. I called to see if Fernando could help me out. He was able to find me an incredible bottle of wine from the year I was born. He got me food that they don't normally serve because my wife and I love it. The chateaubriand was to die for. The hamachi was delicious as always. This place is the best steakhouse in the valley and hands down the best wine list in south Texas. I can't recommend it enough!

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank mojonito

Been to Prime by Il Forno? Share your experiences!