All reviews water splashing the shower curtain rod visit family would definitely stay here again stayed here tub brand curtains property floor beds
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Upon arriving, I noticed a sign on the facility that stated "Now Open." I was so happy that the family had a reservation at a brand-new hotel. The Staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the location is surrounded by dining and shopping. In addition, the beds were comfortable and the facility overall was nice. However, there was an unpleasant smell coming from the AC vents above one of the beds in the room. The room type was two queen beds. The closest description of the odor would be the smell of eggs or someone releasing a foul scent of gas (flatulence). The smell appeared sporadically. I am not sure if this was an isolated incident considering that the facility is new.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I recently stayed at this pretty new HIExpress in McAllen. It is conveniently located to most places you'd need to be in McAllen, right off the interstate. But it was still quiet! The staff was very welcoming and really wanted to make our stay a good one. We were always greeted and asked about our stay and needs. My room was very comfortable, clean, and new. The complimentary breakfast was pretty much usual HI breakfast, but still good and fast. I would definitely stay here again when I have business in McAllen.

Room Tip: Choose south-facing room away from the interstate for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Stayed here the end of February to visit family. The staff was very friendly at all levels. It seems they go out of their way to give you a positive experience.

Upon checking in we were given complimentary bottles of water (we're in south Texas here so it was definitely needed and appreciated!).

Every step along the way went smoothly and exceeded our expectations. The room and bathroom were clean. Our room was very quiet -- though I'm not sure if this is a byproduct of the hotel not being particularly busy with guests.

The breakfast area was clean with a good selection though it would have been nice if the selection changed slightly from day to day.

Another reviewer said, "the shower curtain rod was a little too high so the curtain barely touched the tub resulting in water splashing on the floor easier than if it would be a little lower" and this is true. Hopefully the staff will see this and make changes either by lowering the curtain rod or replacing with longer curtains.

Room Tip: The highest floor (4th) was particularly quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
OGIHtls, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites McAllen - Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We do take pride in our work and always want to welcome everyone with open arms.. Please if ever back in the lower valley come visit even if your not staying the night...

Reviewed 11 January 2018

This brand new Holliday Inn is located in an area of McAllen that provides easy access to the hospital and the airport. The staff and facilities are top-notch. Numerous restaurants are nearby. Lime cucumber water was offered to me upon arrival. The hotel provides a managers reception from 5:30 to 7 which includes beer and wine free to guests, as well as a small appetizer plate.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OGIHtls, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites McAllen - Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Selected this hotel due the reviews as it is brand new. The staff said they had been open for 5 months. Very nice and attentive staff. I made reservations through their website vs through trip advisor as they were going to give me a discount for the same 2 QQ bed suite room. Received a handi-capped 2 qq room and it was spacious. However, it then felt like it had a "hospital" feeling, especially the bathroom. I had a recent stay at a hospital so that is why I did not like this room. I asked if I could be changed to something more "homey" and they did so with a smile. Very nice staff. Left the housekeeper a tip since they had to refresh it because we had been there for a bit before moving. Since the hotel is new there are small things that need to be fixed such as the toilet seat being loose from being brand new. Also, the shower curtain rod was a little too high so the curtain barely touched the tub resulting in water splashing on the floor easier than if it would be a little lower. Also noticed that the light switch next to the beds are wired to the entrance light switch so that if one wants to read and then turn off the light, you have to get up and turn it from the entrance switch. Those are minor things but over all, a great clean and comfortable hotel stay. Their staff is the best. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor as quieter. We had a room on 2nd floor and you could hear people walking around until late at night.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family