“Condo on the water, lots of birds!”
other travellers have booked this property
Our condos from across lagoon Rental Prices
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from Deck of Pool, Lagoon & Gulf
Our condos from across lagoon
Rental Prices
Living room
Bar and kitchen
Dinning room with view
Master bedroom
Spiral staircase to loft bedroom
Loft bedroom
Bridge to island and pool
Large deck.
Infrared view from the air
Fishing pier 1/2 mile from condos
Sand Dunes
More Dunes
View from sand dunes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mbtlo
Madison, Wisconsin
“Condo on the water, lots of birds!”
Reviewed 19 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I just got back from staying here. It was beyond wonderful! We are birders and tandem bikers. The birds were incredible...both at the lagoon out the front deck and at the beach. We even saw tons of birds out the bedroom window overlooking other wetlands. My favorite thing was having coffee on the deck, RIGHT ON the water. You just can't get better than this.
The condo was clean and comfy. I would stay there again in a minute. The biking was great. There's a long road with water on both sides and almost no traffic that takes you from the condo to town. We rode that daily and enjoyed seeing herons, spoonbills, tons of shorebirds, egrets, ibises, etc.
Oh, and we bought shrimp from a local place down the road and grilled it on the condo's grill. YUM!
The condo (#2) is really too big for two but we didn't care...we spread out. I could see how you could have a crowd stay there, from grandparents to kids. And I thought the price was reasonable. My husband said Kim was great to work with, too.
Lovely, lovely spot.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Deck on the water
Liked least: A few small things...window didn't stay open, no instructions for tv I'm visually impaired and the wood steps up to the condo were hard to differentiate.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Halliez
Las Vegas, Nevada
“And awesome place to stay!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We went on a little family vacation to Matagorda. Kim's condo was in a great location, close to the beach. Very homey. The grand kids had a blast and the adults has just as much fun. Thank you Kim for getting back to us so quickly and making our stay very comfortable. We will talk to you next year.

Your age range 50-64
Msbrit
Houston, Texas
“A REALLY great place to stay, away from the madding crowd!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

I spoke to Kim to book for Labor Day Weekend. I have been to Matagorda many times, many years ago and have always wondered what it would like to stay at the "Dunes". I have to say, I WILL stay there again.
We rented condo#1 As soon as we walked into the condo, we found it to be clean and spacious well laid out and fully stocked with whatever you needed for cooking, inside or out and sleeping, even a cooler to use for fishing. The pool was WONDERFULLY clean and cool. The beach is close and bringing our dogs was such a plus for us, as was having the hose to clean them off after a trip to the beach! Even the caretaker of the property a pleasant and helpful guy. Thanks Kim for a very enjoyable weekend away from the madding crowd.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All the amenities and we could bring our dogs
Liked least: Nothing to complain about other than having to leave
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
WI
Reviewed 3 February 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing