“Very good BBQ!”

Luling Bar-B-Q
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Luling
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I've eaten here several times and have always had good food. I would have to say it wasn't quite as good as the last times I've eaten here. I got the 2-meat plate (brisket and jalapeno sausage). The sausage was 5-star. The brisket was only 3-star. They were already out of mac n cheese as a side. I may eat here again but since I haven't tried the BBQ place across the street that I am told is better, next time I just might have to switch.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I remember this place with lines out the door about 10 years ago. On a recent road stop, I had to eat there again. I chose the brisket. BBQ was average, nothing like I remember it to be. No line for lunch. Sauces for brisket were tasty. Counter staff weren't friendly. I was disappointed. Plenty of free street parking.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

They have good brisket and sausage. The ribs were good but not my favorite. They didn’t seem fresh but it could have been the day I stopped by. The sauce is not as sweet as some others. More of a mustard vinegar based BBQ sauce. Very tasty. Their customer service was excellent. Such nice people. They do accept credit cards at this location. Very clean establishment.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped to get some food on drive to Austin. Great brisket sandwich! Definitely going back for more on next trip through! Nice friendly service too!

1  Thank JaneR2859
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We've been to Smitty's, Blacks and Kreutz in Lockhart, as well as the original Cooper's in Llano. Luling was the absolute best of this old school category. Don't let the line scare you - it moves along. They are also clean-conscious. Each bottle of sauce was wiped down and refilled with each table turn. The brisket melted in your mouth and the sausage had great spice and chew. Plus, the Shiner was ice cold. Can't beat it.