“The best inland”
Review of China Palace Restaurant - CLOSED

China Palace Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been to this place numerous time that the owner/cook knows who we are. He knows we travel to his restaurant to eat good food and not the trash they serve where I'm from. The only thing that is bad is service cause no one ever stays working there. We walk in and there is never the same person working there. I can say the owner is an excellent cook and knows what he is doing in the kitchen. I have even requested certain foods and he had made it for me. This is not a buffet so don't expect your food to be out in a minute people. Also try something different ever one that goes to Chinese restaurants always get the same thing. This is very good food explore the world!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Eaten there 4 times. Pao Pao Platter, Genral Tso Chicken and Garlic Chicken were really good! Very fresh. Love the egg rolls. Yes it's a dumpy looking place which doesn't bother me at all. Price are very inexpensive. Tonight I had the Lemon Chicken and that sauce was SO bad I couldn't eat it...at all. It was sorta chemical tasting w/ a hint of cough syrup. Terrible, simply terrible. But I WILL eat there again....just not the Lemon Chicken.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

China Palace served our party of five thoroughly delicious dinner selections (each of us chose something different-- from General Tso's Chicken to Kung Pao Chicken to Shrimp with Lobster Sauce, etc.), which included soup, egg roll, and entree. The flavors were wonderful. Service was competent, although the wait staff were somewhat over-worked. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

On the return trip from a wedding in Beaumont, my Sis and I both had a craving for Chinese food. Imagine our surprise when a quick online search turned up this tiny place with very good reviews. Not quite believing what we had read, we entered with some skepticism. Sure enough, we found a dingy little joint with stained ceiling tiles, saggy booth seats and an air of having seen better days! With mounting concern Sis and I placed our order with the friendly waitress and sat back and rolled our eyes at each other. Then, the food arrived. It was even better than the reviews had said, with crispy Rangoon, tasty egg roll and some delicious, tender sesame chicken. Sis had the lemon chicken and polished off every bite. We're trying to think of a reason to return to Luling so we can eat here again!

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Just what we were looking for. The Sesame Shrimp was wonderful. Great service and very friendly. Definitely will stop next time we are traveling through the area.