“Best BBQ in Texas”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This by far the best BBQ in Texas
Delicious post oak smoke flavor brisket and sausage. Every time I get back to Texas I try my hardest to get here and eat. The wax paper they serve their meat on is a nice touch.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Best BBQ around for sure. Awesome hot sauce, get yourself a bottled big red ice cold. Cash only, but dont worry they have an ATM right inside.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My husband and I have been eating at City Market in Luling for years. (We burn up I-10 between San Antonio and Houston quite regularly.) City Market is my favorite place for BBQ -- anywhere. I've tried just about everything on the menu at one time or another -- moist or lean brisket, ribs, even the sweet pickles and cauliflower -- but my absolute favorite is the sausage. They do something really special with it; we can't get it to taste the same if we purchase cold links and cook it at home. City Market is a very popular establishment so be prepared to wait in line at peak times. Only cash is accepted but an ATM is located right inside the restaurant. There are two eating areas -- one closer to the kitchen and then another room. There are some booths but we're comfortable sitting at the long communal tables in the second dining area. I'm a life-long Texas and City Market is my favorite place for BBQ.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Finally another great BBQ place to eat. I'm glad we made the time to stop b/c we're usually blowing through to get to where we're going sooner.
The brisket was lean with just enough fat to give it that don't serve beef ribs but the pork riended up being just as delicious. Also had some yummy potato salad and beans with a some ice cold sweet tea. The sauce was tangy. Usually I like sweet but this sauce was an exception. I got a chunk of cheese too. The only thing they didn't have was some cobbler. They had some other desserts but they didn't look appealing.
We're glad we finally made the time to stop at this talked about place.
You will wait in a line but you usually do when it's something worth waiting for
Take cash. They have an ATM machine but overheard several people say it was out of cash
We will be returning.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The food was worth the wait. We ate at an odd time, like around 2:30-3 when the lunch crowd dies down. The wait wasn't too bad around that time.