All reviews full kitchen basketball court front desk bar b que outdoor pool big room general manager home away from home check in was easy tech game family weekend great room texas tech mona fireplace volleyball target
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My family stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament and it was great. They were very attentive to our needs, helped us carry our luggage (the maintenance guy, who I cannot remember his name), and Mona was excellent. The room was spacious, clean and nice. I highly recommend the suites if you have more than 3 staying with you. The facilities catered to our every need - swimming pool, volleyball/basketball court, and grilling area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
DHSLLCTX, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear familyhernandez2003, Thank you so much for your 5-star rating of Studio 6 Lubbock!! We are so happy that you had such a nice stay and enjoyed our customer service, spacious rooms, convenient location, and amenities. Our hotel does offer one of the best values of any hotel in Lubbock and we enjoy hosting our guests. Thank you again for this ratings and recognition. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you, Sunny - General Manager.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This facility is nice, clean, and actually has some character to it. The character tends to dissipate during the day when certain long timers arrive and become a difficult to deal with. The staff is great, housekeeping is on it 100% and ensure everything is to your liking, Manager is friendly and comes out to great when people are around.
The problem, I was extending a day, had to go get cash from the bank as I overextended the day before, as usual, I was running late for check out called the front and informed her I would be right back to pay. When I left low and b hold she calls my cell and her voice isn't very pleasant to begin with and like Maude ask for her money, I Chuckle said your kidding me 20 minutes after I called her. I got back and understandable she may have been upset, but I didn't run off, I came back and she was just plan venomous at that point. Nothing I said or even apologizing for being late was acceptable and I had to tell her she was just a mean person and venomous. This because she wanted to charge me 80.00 in pet rent stating I did not pay for the dogs at check in. I told her I checked in with them and paid 228.00 for 2 days it better cover the dogs. I refused to pay additional to that rate.
Of course I was then escorted and watched as I packed my belonging by the maintenance man, who help carry my stuff at the end, while the mini-manager kept threatening the police from the office. What a joker. I eventually drop off the keys took my refund and was leaving, but asked for the corporate number and she said "no." I was over myself I sad said excuse me she then said look it up yourself, Me, Really, she returns with I don't give a damn and you are not allowed on this property due to my attitude. Well if my apology for being late and everyone having to kiss her B*** in that facility just to have a peaceful day is attitude then we need to avoid me on a bad day!
I'm surprised this is a Studio facility and have to give the company credit as I've stayed with them a lot traveling, but this issue was beyond all get out. Complaints do no good as it is franchised and Motel 6 has nothing to do with the actual facility, well it still sports your name. No promises as to your outcome at this facility, but if you want to avoid the risk of a bad experience and no customer service to correct the error, I suggest checking in at night and out before dawn. Or pack a lunch and stay for the daytime show.
I can say the place was great(facility), but I cant say that or even that it is a good one when treated like that. Its a place of chance.

Room tip: They are pet friendly at $10.00 a night each pet up to 75.00 hyper dogs should room away from the road, no fence.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear ronrayrn, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, many complimentary amenities and excellent customer service. Looks like you had a comfortable stay, but the front desk experience was unsatisfactory due to the issues you describe. I apologize for our failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. I assure you, this is not common and I will address this with my front desk team. Again, please accept my apology as this doesn't reflect our true customer service. Thank you. Sunny - General Manager.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I booked my room online for a Thursday driving from Scottsdale Az arriving around 1am. It did not happen that way. I ended up arriving around 5:30am , and I could not check in because my confirmation could not be found. I was told I had to wait until 3pm for check in even after I called while on the road that I would be arriving later than I expected. Frustrated I was, but Rudy told me that within the next hour and a half he would be doing an audit to see what rooms he had left, but it still was not a guarantee that I could get a room that early in the morning. Still frustrated and completely burnt from a 12+ hour drive I returned to my car to call other hotels. After about 45mins of making calls in the parking lot, I began to pull off and Rudy ran outside to me to let me know I can check in!!!!! The happiest day of my life! Go see Rudy!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear tjlockett, Thank you so much for your 5-star rating of Studio 6 Lubbock!! And thank you for the amazing story and recognition of our team!! We are so happy that you had such a nice stay because we enjoy hosting our guests. Thank you again for this ratings and recognition. We look forward to your return to Lubbock and hope to be your preferred hotel again. Thank you, Sunny - General Manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

The most bang for your buck in extended stays. Full kitchen and living room area like a studio apartment for less than $65. Unrivaled. Mona and Mohit at the front desk are no less than a 5-star hotel reception. Always patient and attentive to your needs. 24 / 7 coffee, lemonade or water always at the ready following my daily runs...and a clean pool.
Great experience.

Room tip: Next to Science museum for families.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Michael, Thank you so much for your 5-star rating of Studio 6 Lubbock!! We are so happy that you had such a nice stay and enjoyed our customer service, low rates, spacious rooms, convenient location, and amenities. Our hotel does have a very friendly atmosphere and we enjoy hosting our guests. Thank you again for this ratings and recognition. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you, Sunny - General Manager.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My family enjoyed the outdoor area which included a gas grill, a basketball court and pool. We grilled while the kids played in the pool and played on the basketball court . The rooms are very roomy and the staff was so accommodating. I will definitely be back. Good price too.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lynda, Thank you so much for your 5-star rating of Studio 6 Lubbock!! We are so happy that you had such a nice stay and enjoyed our low prices, spacious rooms and many complimentary amenities. Our hotel does have a very friendly atmosphere and we enjoy hosting our guests. Thank you again for this ratings and recognition. We look forward to your return to Lubbock and hope to be your preferred hotel again. Thank you, Sunny - General Manager.