“Great Texas wines.”
Review of Llano Estacado

Llano Estacado
Ranked #9 of 42 things to do in Lubbock
Reviewed 22 October 2017

If you have every been to Lubbock you realize there is not much to do around there. We travel to Lubbock twice a year to visit our son in college. We talked about visiting a winery and chose Llano Estacado on a spur of the moment. The facility looks like a modern day church from the outside and a remodel in the inside. I was surprised to find out that it had never been a church. They have tours that happen every 30 minutes and generous wine samples that range from free and work their way up to $5 and $10 for 5 samples. Llano wines are delicious and a lot of them can be purchased in local grocery stores except their reserve wines. The reserve wines can only be purchased through them. I think this would be a beautiful place for a wedding venue. The only thing I would suggest to them is to put chairs around their bar to make it more comfortable for the wine tastings.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"nice visit"
"great wine"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"live music"
"grapes"
in 12 reviews
"winery"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Nice facility. The tour was not much of a tour not sure if guide was that into the tour or just a slow day. Saw the barrel room and where the vat area. The event room was being set up for a wedding. I was hoping to see the vineyard area. Enjoyed the tasting even though felt rushed and guide not interested in educating our novice wine knowledge.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a whim with a friend for a salsa(food) competition. It’s was my first time attending a winery. I tried a variety of salsas and had several cups of wine. We received tickets to get the cups of wine. It was $20 to get in, but well worth it. It’s free to get in unless they’re having an event. If you have a chance check it out.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We attended a beautiful wedding at the winery. We enjoyed the tasting room and quality wines while the family photos were being taken. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

The dinner selection by the bride and groom was very good. Steak, chicken, salad, asparagus, potato and mac n cheese.

Everything was set up beautifully.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My husband and I are in Lubbock on business and enjoyed the wine tasting here; we even bought a few bottles to take home. I found service to be good though surprised at how average the experience turned out to be. Our tour guide was a quick speaker and knowledgeable. The store has a large selection of wine related products for purchase but they are not anything that looked of serious quality, they are simply souvenirs which I found a bit disappointing.