“Like a home cooked meal.”
Review of Gardski's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Gardski's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

Gardski's is a must stop when we are in Lubbock. Restaurant is close to Texas Tech in the historical part of the city. Neat older home turned Restaurant. Love the atmosphere and the customer service is top notch.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I have been going to Gardski's for many years. Quality and variety of offerings on the menu are excellent. I usually have soup and a sandwich. I particularly like their Broccoli/Cheddar soup. The Monte Cristo sandwich cannot be beat! The restaurant is a repurposed old home that was probably built in the early 1900's is a guess. Cool atmosphere!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 19 December 2014

The restaurant is in a cute old building and has good food at reasonable prices. It feels more upscale than what it really is - which to me is a selling point.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Back when we lived in Lubbock in the 90's my husband and I both loved Gardski's so when we went back for a visit last month we just had to stop in! I was disappointed to see that my favorite Chicken Caesar Salad was not on the menu anymore. (I ate a lot of those back in my college days!) I ordered a different salad though and it was very good. We also had to get Fries in Disguise, which are not called that anymore. They made them for us the old way though...just like we used to eat them back in college. :) My son got the macaroni and cheese topped with a fried chicken breast. He said it was really good! All of us enjoyed our food and it was great to go back to one of our favorite hang outs from our days at Tech.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 18 November 2014

One of my old student haunts in the early 80's. It is still great and my wife and I ate there when we started dating in 1982. The food and atmosphere is still good. A true Lubbock tradition!

Date of visit: November 2014