“Long record of Yums!”
Review of Gardski's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Gardski's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 January 2015

I have been going to Gardski's for many years. Quality and variety of offerings on the menu are excellent. I usually have soup and a sandwich. I particularly like their Broccoli/Cheddar soup. The Monte Cristo sandwich cannot be beat! The restaurant is a repurposed old home that was probably built in the early 1900's is a guess. Cool atmosphere!

Reviewed 19 December 2014

The restaurant is in a cute old building and has good food at reasonable prices. It feels more upscale than what it really is - which to me is a selling point.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Back when we lived in Lubbock in the 90's my husband and I both loved Gardski's so when we went back for a visit last month we just had to stop in! I was disappointed to see that my favorite Chicken Caesar Salad was not on the menu anymore. (I ate a lot of those back in my college days!) I ordered a different salad though and it was very good. We also had to get Fries in Disguise, which are not called that anymore. They made them for us the old way though...just like we used to eat them back in college. :) My son got the macaroni and cheese topped with a fried chicken breast. He said it was really good! All of us enjoyed our food and it was great to go back to one of our favorite hang outs from our days at Tech.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

One of my old student haunts in the early 80's. It is still great and my wife and I ate there when we started dating in 1982. The food and atmosphere is still good. A true Lubbock tradition!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

I used to go to Gardski's daily with a group of friends years ago, and it was a wonderful place for lunch. My wife and I recently went for a late lunch and were seated in the atrium area with all the windows. We couldn't believe how worn everything was and how much was in need of repair, not to mention how dirty it was. It wasn't just "dirty after a busy lunch run" it was "hasn't been cleaned in quite a few days dirty". The menu has been reduced also limiting choices. And portions have unfortunately been reduced as well, while prices have not. We will give them a year of so to get their act together and try them again, but as for now they are not on our list for lunch.