“Fantastic ribs and fantastic service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #72 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was determined to find some great ribs before we left Texas and inadvertently ended up in an Australian themed steakhouse! (I accept the name should have give it away). I'm really glad we did though.

The baby ribs were amazing and you get to choose from a number of sides including fries and baked potato. The meat on the ribs just fell away and wasn't fatty like we have found in some other places. The BBQ sauce was really thick and tasty. My husband had a steak and he said that was great as well.

Our server was really friendly and attentive and we saw several of the other waiting staff having a laugh and a joke at other tables. Either this restaurant has lots of regulars or all the waiting staff are well trained and hired for their friendliness. Probably both.

In the UK we typically tip 10% for good service so to find the usual tips here are more like 18% or 20% can be a bit of a surprise. When you get good service like we experienced it is worth every penny and more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great waiter and the food was awesome!! The salads were fresh and the steaks were seasoned perfectly .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our server, Joshua Benjamin, was the bomb.com!!!!!!! We travel A LOT and dine out a lot because of traveling. This server was by far the best server we have experienced in a very long time!!! He engaged with our daughter, spoke respectfully to me, and laughed with my husband. He made food recommendations, explained the differences in two appetizers to try (since we’ve been to this restaurant before), was prompt with refills and food delivery, and was smiling a genuine smile the entire time. Joshua was kind and funny during our entire visit. He’s got a great personality for this job. His supervisors need to take note of him and promote him to lead server/trainer ASAP! Next time we go to Lubbock, Texas, we WILL be visiting Joshua Benjamin (aka Prince Harry’s look-a-like) at this restaurant for another great experience!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was extremely clean, the hostess was very professional and pleasant, the waitress was exceptional.
She was very courteous treated the children and the elder adult very well. She gave me the impression she was very happy to be there and that she enjoyed what she was doing. I would definitely recommend this outback in Lubbock it seems to be one of the more exceptional outbacks that I’ve been to.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

It’s 11:37 am and we enter restaurant, no greeter, no service person in sight. We sit at bar for 11 minutes without seeing staff member. Unbelievable!