“good food bad server”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #62 of 691 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food was wonderful. the server wasn't the best to put it mildly. she appeared to be hiding most of the time.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Extremely good service by Brandon. I saw the manager cheering on his team and they all came out with a big smile on their faces.
The Ham I had ordered smelled "exactly" like dog food.
Without complaining I just order a different meal.
Server asked if anything had been wrong, and I said it had probably just been me.
He still offered a new meal, and not charge it.
The second meal come out really good.
We all make mistakes, so regardless this still gets a 5 star rating.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Well my wife & I went out to eat at Cracker Barrel so when we got there they said we had to wait 15 minutes to get seated, well they call my name so we got to be seated in 5 minutes. So the waitness took our order I the Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes, salad, Turnip Greens, I got my salad first so after I ate it we had to wait a little longer for out meal it too at least 30 to 35 minutes to get our meal. But the employee didn't come around to say our meal was late coming out. So while waiting a another couple came in they got their meal within 10 mins. So why was our meal late getting to us I don't know, but when we got our meal the Meat Loaf was good, the mashed potatoes was OK the mustard greens was terrible over cook. I couldn't finish my meal My wife was so upset with the service and the food I told my wife next time we just have the breakfast maybe the service & food will be better.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 January 2018

My husband and I have been going to this location for years - literally YEARS! We mainly have breakfast here EVERY Sunday and then usually once a month we have lunch or dinner. We have always enjoyed the food and never minded the wait times on Sunday mornings. Our most receent visits - within the last 2-3 months have been disappointing. I can't pin point the EXACT date but it started with one visit for breakfast and the place was packed and out plates and food came out cold - not even like that they had been sitting under a heat lamp. On other occasions the food was undercooked, overcooked, pinto beans rancid, or plated incorrectly (nissing food). I understand when they are packed and rushed, mnistakes happen, but a place like Cracker Barrel, especially this location that had SUCH AN EXCELLENT TRACK RECORD, has went down hill and I mean rapidly. Tonight we ordered dinner and there were only about 12 tables occupied. i ordered the Roast Beef Dinner plate with fried okra, green beans, and carrots. The roast beef was hot, but everything was luke warm - the fried okra was room temp and chewy (tasted old or freezer burned). I received one small and I mean SMALL biscuit and corn muffin. I remember the biscuits to be big and fluffy - the past few occasions we have visited there is no comparison to what they were this time last year. My husnad ordered a cheeseburger with mustard and pickles only. The waitress came back and said they no longer carry pickles - period. When he received his "Cheeseburger" the bun was almost the size of my biscuit!! What has happened to this place???? I just can't fathom how such great and RELIABLE food went to crap?? I don't think we will be returning. I hate saying that because we loved this place so much.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 December 2017

My husband and I have eaten here twice. It is great! Our favorite is the Chicken n Dumplings. We also like to roam in their neat store.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK