“Just passing through town.....”
Review of Gators Bayou

Gators Bayou
Ranked #111 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This place caught our eyes as we were hungry and driving through to San Antonio. At mid afternoon we shared the place with just a few other couples. It has a bright New Orleans theme. Ordered oysters on the half shell to start. Gator meat and crawfish tails for entrées. The food was different and filling. The price is mid range. We were glad we stopped. It sure made the time pass heading to San Antonio.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We had a few different things: Cajun Breakfast Burrito, the Omelette and The Crawfish Linguini (?). The burrito lacked any cajun spicyness which I don't recall if it said it had or not, the the cajun potatoes on the side were ok, the omelette was ok but we all wished we'd had the latter order (Crawfish) after sampling all 3. It took a long time to cook the food when there weren't many people there. We'd probably not try this again.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We were looking for a Greek restaurant but GPS did not cooperate and as we passed this restaurant, we decided we have not had Cajun in a while so we stopped. After lunch we high fived and felt we had done good. They put a lot of flavor in my mouth. Their "po boy sammiches" are really good.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Went hoping for shrimp and grits but it's not on the menu. I asked for several different things not put together on the menu and the waitress brought exactly what I ordered, no up charge for changes. Lightly breaded shrimp with a mildly spicy seasoning, dirty rice and cajun cream sauce. Hope I can go back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We went and had lunch on a Saturday. My husband had frog legs and crawfish étouffée. I had shrimp gumbo and fried crawfish tails.. all was so delicious. Great Cajun food.