“Very un-fancy and very good”
Review of Rain Cafe

Rain Cafe
Ranked #84 of 637 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My son and I went to Rain Cafe for dinner. It's a large room with tables and chairs and only a couple of decorations on the walls. It is acoustically "echoey" because of the large space with not much in it.

After looking at the menu, we both decided to have breakfast. For $7 the rain burrito was a great deal. It was huge. Also, huevos rancheros was very good. It took nearly 20 minutes to get our food. I think that's my only criticism. The waiter was great. I will definitely come back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Three of us ate 3 different things and all were outstanding. The rain burrito was huge, packed with flavor, crispy French toast, and rain breakfast were fresh. Service was fast and prices were resonable. We will be back!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It was the best French toast I have ever tasted. Wonderful crisp outside coating of something magical. Ate every bite

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit and my family enjoyed the not over priced and good food! I had breakfast, my daughter had a hamburger with the homemade chips(which were Amazing) my wife had the club! The only negative was the buffalo wings my daughter ordered! They just weren't good! Service was exceptional! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended this place to us and raved about the crispy French toast.
It didn't have a big sign out front, so it was not easy to find. The sign is on the door.
We ordered the French toast and wasn't disappointed. The meal was very good.
One thing we noticed was the fresh squeezed orange juice machine which was fascinating to watch as they made the orange juice. I will have to try it on the next trip there.
The meal was very good and priced well.