1,157 results
All reviews evening reception koi pond front desk made to order breakfast the managers free happy hour excellent stay breakfast staff morning breakfast complimentary breakfast great place to stay the loop the breakfast area texas tech atrium roomy highway
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I treated our daughter and granddaughter to a quick overnight spring break trip to Lubbock. The stay at the Embassy Suites was wonderful. The hotel is probably the friendliest we’ve ever stayed in because everyone was so quick to introduce themselves. At check in, manager’s reception, and at breakfast a manager came to check on us. Everyone seems to have a continuous smile! The hotel is older but well cared for. The only complaint would be the hide-a-bed was not the best. Breakfast was like a cruise ship breakfast. We enjoyed our stay!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Michael A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for taking your time in giving us a review. We truly apologize for the inconvenience of the hide-a-bed. We will make sure that your next stay here, we will give you a better service than expected. I am also grateful that you found our hotel to be the friendliest and our staff to be enthusiastic. We will see you in your next visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

People randomly driving by the Embassy Suites would not notice anything special about the building from outside. It looks, in fact, a little nondescript. Check in though, and you are in a little, well-kept jungle fairy land filled with koi ponds and the once ubiquitous 80s glass atrium elevators and skylit interiors. This is all for the best, since this part of Lubbock near the highway is NOT the beauty spot of the world. So the hotel has created something nice for you to look at in the interior of the hotel.
First, this ES has hospitality galore. Staff that we encountered were impeccably trained and mannered, and the clientele here very well behaved. To be honest, the place feels like one of the older cruise ships... hard to describe. The night reception is great in the libation department, and it is fun to see everyone swarm down there for appetizers. The food didn't look to be a substitute for a real dinner, so be forwarned. There were a lot of kids around... well behaved- drinking a pink punch drink and playing games. Also a little New Orleans style courtyard outside for smokers and people who just want to sit outside.
The actual suites are furnished nicely but show a good deal of wear and tear. Our ceiling living room, for example has cracks in it from water damage and a big wallpaper patch in the bathroom from an unfortunate incident that left a hole. The bed was comfortable... I found the pillows a little low grade. We were in room 345- with a microwave, sink and coffee maker in the spacious living area. This is a great traveling hotel for a family with kids in tow.
Oh, one more word. I don't know if they do this on purpose but I found it to be very adorable. They played Beatles, Don Henley, Motown... songs from the 60s and 70s at breakfast. And the breakfast atmosphere was just like the nice restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean in Disneyland. Frankly, I loved it. Yes, the interior of the hotel is dark, but this is Lubbick. Do you know how hot it can get here? This is a gem. I hope Hilton takes care of it and does it justice. Too many chains are homogenous and boring. This hotel has real character. One star removed for worn interior.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

We really appreciate you for giving your time and effort in this detailed review. This insights helps us in a way that we have something more to look in terms of improvements and maintenance. Our hotel staff thanked you for providing an in-depth review from the every detail of our hotel management - appearance, staff, interior, music, food and so on. Thank you so much for your appraisal. We hope to see you in your next visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We were impressed by the friendly staff willing to make our stay comfortable. Look for Ed in the lobby! Breakfast staff is fantastic and managers reception great. Location is close to many stores. We liked the layout and will come back.

Stayed: March 2018
Michael A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for that Impressive staff comment ! We will definitely let Ed and the Breakfast staff know of the Great job they are doing , we are also glad you enjoyed the Manager's reception, the lay out and location of our hotel . See you soon on your next trip to Lubbock.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great evening at my very favorite hotel. I always look forward to staying here while in Lubbock. My wife and I were there for for a medical check up, but had a great evening , down by the goldfish pond, then had breakfast the next morning , very attentive staff to make sure that everything was perfect. There is a nice choice of breakfast items , from fresh fruit, cereals , eggs , sweet rolls, yogurt. Something for everyone. It is always nice to stay there because of all the staff and lovely interior, great dinner possibilities if you choose to not go out on the town. The manager stopped by the table to make sure that every thing was to satisfaction. How many places can you say that every staff member not only makes you feel welcome, and is there to make your stay perfect. I have been going there for more years than I wish to say, but look forward to many more. E. J.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a review of our hotel, E.J.. I am delighted that you enjoyed our evening reception and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. These brand staples are what our guests love, and I am glad you enjoyed it also! We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Odd layout and you’ll want to get a regular key card if you use the digital key because of the layout. Otherwise you’ll have to trek the inside maze from the lobby starting point to your room. It’s not as intuitive as a regular hotel layout. A key card will let you access the exterior doors closer to your room.

Very dated and worn, but exceptionally clean. A little noisy with the proximity to the road, but I think most hotels in Lubbock are close to the major roads. No issues with other guest noise. I’d stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo