“Clean and relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 2 Lubbock B&B and Inns
Oklahoma City, Ok
“Clean and relaxing”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Nice room and home with amenities including an old style Coke bottle machine free to guests. The breakfast was wonderful and room comfortable. I am returning there soon.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
texas
Reviewed 30 July 2009

we stayed in the caboose - very fun concept - cute and clean. the grounds were very nice, and we found a nice park nearby for our kiddo too. my only "complaint" was that there was an "air freshener" in the caboose that was overpowering to the point of headache. those plug-ins are so not good for you. but i am very sensitive, and a caboose does not have the best air circulation. this kind of took away from the experience for me. but the caboose is a super-cool concept, and the main house looked very nice. we would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We treated our kids to an out-of-the-ordinary hotel stay: a caboose. What a cute and fun way to sleep! We arrived just minutes before a hail storm. Talk about loud! But the kids enjoyed sitting in the upper chairs taking in a good view of the hail as it pinged off the metal. There is a queen size bed with comfy linens in the back of the caboose and the kids slept on the futon in the front. The toilet & sink is in one small closet while the shower is across the hall in a second closet in the back of the caboose with a privacy curtain. There are 2 televisions and a small kitchen area with a sink, fridge and microwave oven. The hosts were a very friendly family and treated us to a nice warm, hearty breakfast the following morning.

Woodrow House is across the street from the Texas Tech campus.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
oc, calif
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Stayed here with my husband, toddler and infant in the caboose room on a road trip. The room was wonderful; what a treat to stay in a real caboose. It was roomy, had very good air conditioning, and would be appropriate for a family or romantic get-away. The breakfast was delicious too. Will stay there again on our travels.

• Liked — The owners and the caboose
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2008

My Wife and I had planned a trip through Lubbock to Amarillo, TX. I wanted to find a special place to spend the night in Lubbock. We had never stayed in a B&B before and I wanted to try one. I found the Woodrow House after some serching and making some calls.
When I called the Woodrow House, I was greeted by Dawn and asked if there was a room available for the next night and she told me there was. She then asked me if I had a "theme" in mind. I ask, "A theme?" She informed me that each of the rooms had a different theme and started describing them to me, she commenced with the Santa Fe caboose. After her description of the caboose, she informed me that it was available for the next night. I asked her the cost, upon her reply, I immediately said, "I want it!" She made the reservation.
Upon our arrival to the Woodrow House, I was pleasantly greeted in a beautiful foyer by Sarah and Charles. I checked in and my Wife and I were shown to our "room". We were impressed with the layout, cleanliness and, mostly, the uniqueness of our accomodations. My mother-in-law had traveled with us and was greatly surprised with the caboose. (My Wife and I had not told her about where we were staying that night.)
The following morning, Charles prepared a wonderfully delicious breakfast. And, I mean, he prepared it! He fixed everything from scratch and it was GOOOOOOOOD!
As this was our first time staying in a B&B, we were thoroughly impressed and will certainly stay at the Woodrow House again the next time we're in Lubbock, TX. We'll try a different "theme" the next time, though.

• Liked — The uniqueness of the whole place and the breakfast.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)