“Not so much. ”

Campisi's Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Description: Founded on the idea of handshakes and hellos, Campisi's Restaurants has been serving iconic, award-winning pizzas and family Italian dishes since 1946. Owned and operated by the Campisi family, the original landmark, the "Egyptian Lounge" is legendary for being "the place to go" by celebrities and locals in the know who want the real deal when it comes to good Italian. Everyone is always invited to the table seven days a week at any of our locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and our new expansion in Lubbock, Texas. Stay in touch with the family on social and on the web.
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We went at a time when the restaurant was not busy. We had 6 at the table. After waiting more than 15 minutes, my daughter went in search of our waiter. Come to find out, he apparently left.
That was great for us because the young man with glasses waited on us and he was the best! I wish I had asked his name! I knew the salad they serve is not so great because I have eaten at the original restaurant in the past. They did add one green olive with the pit to each salad. The Greek pizza was good. The lasagna was amazing. The ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs were both lacking. If I ever go back, I will order the lasagna hold the salad!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered Campisi's on our way through town, and picked up several pizzas. The pizzas were very good. The restaurant is beautiful. We are looking forward to dining in.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We have been here several times for dinner because the food is as good as any we have had in St Louis. Today we did lunch...i had a really big piece of lasagna...lots of meat sauce. Hubby had the trio of lasagna, spaghetti, and ravioli. Very good...and enough to take part home. The salad was a small bowl of iceberg lettuce with our choice of dressing. The lettuce was fresh and crisp. The 2 kinds of garlic and garlic parmesan Texas toast was really the weak link in the meal. We will be making several return trips....many more menu items to try.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I've been to the original Campisi's in Dallas, so was excited to try this location in Lubbock. I sat at the bar and received exceptional service from the bartender. She made great recommendations, including the marinated artichokes and margarita pizza. If you go during happy hour, there are great deals on the appetizers and drinks. Would love to come back next time I am in Lubbock.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I have eaten often at the original Campisi's Egyptian Room in Dallas so I was pleased to see them open a Lubbock location.

I visited Campisi's on a Wednesday evening, arriving 45 minutes before closing. Campisi's has a wonderful atmosphere with excellent music. I was greeted by the manager on duty who promptly took me through the restaurant and placed my menu on a very narrow table. I asked if I could have a larger table since there were four empty tables within 6 feet. He turned his back and said, "It's not that small" as he walked away. Not a good start.

I had the pleasure of being served by a young man named Coulton (Colton?). Coulton was personable, attentive, and keenly aware of my needs. Every request was met with a hearty, "I can do that."

I ordered the baked lasagna with meat sauce, the house salad, iced tea, and a glass of cabernet.

The salad was somewhat limp as it seems the dressing has been added hours earlier. I also got the lettuce core in my bowl. The lasagna was quite good with a pleasant balance between the cheese, sauce, and pasta. The prices were very reasonable.

Had my only interaction in the restaurant been with the manager on duty then it is doubtful that I would ever return for a 2nd visit.
Coulton, however, provided such a pleasant experience that I will be giving them a a second chance.

1  Thank Bluto B

Been to Campisi's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK