“Nice place to eat”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This is a nice little Mexican restaurant. The food was good and the portions were large. I had the “Combo” plate with an enchilada and carne asada. It wasn’t the most flavorful food but it was good nonetheless. The service was excellent! I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Food tasted like days old grease. One dish lacked flavor and the others just tasted horrible. We literally paid for our food, left our plates full and walked out

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The breakfast burritos are legendary... they are massive and filling while still being cheap. The gordita plate is my personal recommendation, though everything on the menu is good. Breakfast is served all day.

1  Thank Sherida H
Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife suggested this place because of rumors of greatness from her co-workers. We gathered my eldest and her boyfriend and trotted in to give it a fair try. It's small, perhaps cozy, but very clean and charming. The prices were very reasonable and the portions pleasantly filling. Best of all, it was a deviation from the normal tex-mex fare we usually find in Lubbock. They serve breakfast all day alongside their normal lunch and dinner menu. I must say every offering on the menu looked good from the descriptions to the pictures. I had the steak and enchiladas and was pleasantly surprised that they did not serve a typical overcooked and somewhat tough piece of skirt steak in one tasty but difficult chunk. Instead the steak was cut into small strips and cooked to a perfect taste and tenderness.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for college kids on a budget to get a good Mexican food fix on the cheap! We fed a family of 5 for under $50 which is hard to do anymore !

Been to Picantes? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK