“I have a new favorite ”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 236 Restaurants in Longview
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is a family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I have been here before and I wanted to try something new so I had the eggplant pirogue. It is perfectly fried eggplant in a rich creamy sauce with shrimp and crab claws over angel hair pasta. It is delicious! If I had a complaint it would be that the crab claws were 3 small crab claw tips that were more for decoration but the dish is wonderful so who cares. I started with the duck gumbo which was rich and well seasoned. I had the cup which was a generous portion. The bowl must be huge! Service was excellent as well.

Richard L, Asset Manager at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for your compliments regarding one of our many Classic dishes! This Eggplant Pirogue is a favorite from the origination of the brand in the 1980's. We look forward to seeing you again soon !!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant. The staff was great and the food perfect. Had the Deviled Eggs appetizer was perfectly seasoned and the presentation was wonderful. The Catfish stuffed with Crabmeat was amazing. Tried the cream spinach and it was very good also. I would recommend this establishment to everyone in the Longview Texas area!

Thanks so much for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I loved everything about this place. Lovely atmosphere and everything we had was so delicious. Service was great, as well. We went on Friday evening and did not have to wait at all. For the two of us we spent around $50 and that was including the cheesecake that was amazing! All of our entrees were great and were more than adequate. We left there totally satisfied and happy with our dining experience. Will most definitely return, soon.

Jason R, General Manager at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. With Small Plates, Burgers and other Classics under $10 to our aged 28 days Steaks and Huge Seafood Samplers you cant go wrong!! Also if you are Lagniappe Member which is our reward system for our "Regulars" you will get all kinds of offers like; 15% Our Sunday Buffet, Free Appetizer with the Purchase of (2) Lunches etc...here at Copeland's "There's Something for Everyone"!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Seated promptly. Gave drink orders and looked at menus. 10 minutes before waitress returned. Gave food orders and again asked for drinks. Got food after 20 minutes and it was cold. This time demanded drinks and finally got them. Stopped waitress twice to ask for drink refill. She walked past many times, no refill. I finally stopped a waitress at another table and she promptly brought more tea. But we had finished eating some time before. Sitting and waiting for the check. Finally stopped another waitress and asked her to tell our waitress we were leaving and if she expected us to pay, the check better be there in less than 5 minutes. She barely made that time limit, dropped the check on the table and walked off without a word. To sum it up, food was gas station grade, service.. well, there was none. Never saw anyone who resembled a manager. Absolutely horrible place. I make it a point to tell everyone I know, "DON'T GO THERE". Did I say horrible experience? Maybe I was a bit quick to judge. ?? Nope, horrible.

Jason R, General Manager at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

To Whom This May Concern

First off let me apologize for the experience you had here. I am absolutely embarrassed and very sorry for our performance. If you would please call me to further discuss this? With no contact information and no other information on time and date of the experience I am not able to have conversations with the individuals who failed or make it right with you. Please understand we are very passionate about the Guest Experience here and we do take if very seriously. Please don't ever hesitate to ask for a Manager or call us to discuss this so that we can make it right with you. From the GREAT made from Scratch Foods to the Best, Genuine Caring Service we are striving for Excellence. Again, my deepest apologies for this experience.

Thank you for your time!

Jason Roberts

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

LOVE this restaurant. The Bloody Mary BEST I've had anywhere! The chicken/eggplant parmigiana massive portion and delicious. Wed ladies night (with FREE app added to the Langanappe card GREAT) -so nice. Great Happy Hr drink specials and lunch offerings too.

Richard L, Asset Manager at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words ! And yes, the Bloody Mary has a unique secret ingredient that makes it phenomenal !! We look forward to seeing you again!