“Finally made it for lunch!”
Review of Tomboni's Bistro

Tomboni's Bistro
Ranked #12 of 244 Restaurants in Longview
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Three of us stopped for a chatty and lingering lunch.
Service was great, friendly and helpful.
I had the Tomboni Salad with a mixture of nice things arranged like a crudité dish. Excellent with good dressing. My friends had Catfish Tacos and Salmon Energy Salad. They each liked their dishes but I think I had the best choice. Shared a Creme Brûler that was too thin, too much crusted sugar and mystery raspberries IN it. Pot of good French press coffee ended the meal.
I will definitely go back. It is pricey for Longview. My bill was over $60, with tip.
The place was jumping at the noon hour, a good sign.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This is a cool place! It looks like a "mee-maw house" that has been converted into a restaurant. I had a very good lunch here, and now I want to return for dinner!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I had lasagna my wife had chicken parm
Both had asparagus and a white creme sauce. The rolls were rosemary focaccia
Bread very good hot when served used olive oil and pepper to dip in. The water was served without ice but cold and was a very refreshing way to serve it! The food was very good and the service was worth the next level! Atmosphere, food, service all very nice! Must go!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My wife and I finally got to have lunch here today. What a find!! Fresh flavors, perfectly seasoned and executed food. Excellent service. Clear concise menus for lunch and dinner. Great prices. My Cuban sandwich and its accompanying sauce were so real and authentic it reminded me of my favorite Cuban joint in Southeast Florida. All I needed was some frijoles negros. I had a fresh flavorful salad as a side and ordered green goddess dressing that actually had anchovies! Where in East Texas do you find that kind of attention to detail? On my many trips here, I haven’t. My wife's chicken piccata was superb and the "riced" cauliflower and kale was cooked perfectly and so tasty. The person on the line has done this for some time and done it well and it shows on the plates. The vanilla Bourbon cake with caramel sauce for dessert was downright wicked it was so good. I was told no corkage is allowed. They have a very good wine list that includes the vintage dates (rare in East Texas) and the list has been carefully chosen and most wines were reasonably priced. If you live in the Longview area you should not miss eating here. Thursday, Friday and Saturday for dinner only. Make a resi! Go eat here!!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love this place, awesome fresh food, great atmosphere! Real chef cooking for you, nothing comes out of a box! My favorite is the Trout Tacos, they are fabulous!

Been to Tomboni's Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK