“A nice dinner with the wife”
Review of Chill'Um Grill

Chill'Um Grill
Ranked #72 of 235 Restaurants in Longview
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This was the first time here since they moved out of Hallsville, We came to Longview to buy a new bed and after shopping we decided to come here to eat. I'm so glad we did. As usual the owner/chef brought the humus and nan bread out, then our entre. My wife had the salad with grilled chicken and I had the combo shiskabob with chicken beef and minced beef on a bed of rice.....
It was a beautiful presentation, hot and tasty and more than I could finish. As there usual way they bring out a beautiful deserts tray to tempt your sweet tooth which I usually buy into but I was so full I actuly couldn't get it although I rely did want some.
This is s very nice atmosphere with hot fresh tasty food. If your in the Longview area and have NEVER found this jewel of a place, but if your from out of town like us and come to the "big" city shoping... look this place up and give it a try.... you will love it.
OK maby you do not like curry... that's ok because I've never had a overbearing tast of it and they have a GREAT BURGER which actually is where they got there start.... the tiny gas station on Hwy 80 East side of Hallseville serving burgers and American fast food.... that too was so good people flocked there and talked them into opening a restaurant....
It's history now....
Go try it, you will not regret it.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Chill'Um Grill

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

My first trip was a little unimpressive but a friend order some things. It was ok. My 2nd trip was fabulous. It was after the lunch crowd was done and the wife seated us. I told her we had not been there before and she took all the time we needed to help us pick something from the menu and described each dish. After we got our food she brought out a sample of another dish to try with the bread. I was amazed at how great the food was. Definitely will be eating there again. Sundays they put out a buffet.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We had the street food appetizer with vegetable and meat samosas and battered and fried vegetables served with chutney, yogurt and tamarind sauces. It was brought to our table fresh and hot. And we followed that up with the chef's special which included a rather spicy, but extremely tasty, chicken dish, a chick pea stew, Indian-spiced turnips greens and fresh naan right out of the tandoori. It was all wonderfully seasoned. We have eaten nearly all the Indian food on the menu and have not been disappointed. The restaurant also has a banquet room where we had a Christmas party buffet for about 15 people. Excellent service and excellent food. If you haven't eaten there in awhile, try it again. A great LOCAL business with caring owners who cook real, from-scratch food resourced from the Farmer's Market and other organic growers. We love the Sunday buffet, too!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

this place has great staff and great food and its all halal amazing its very good to for familys and big familys with suitable prices

Reviewed 19 December 2016

If you can't make a hamburger... Why go further? Nothing we ordered was what I call decent.. reminded me of a TV dinner put on a plate.. and I think I'm being polite.