“AWESOME PLACE!”
other travellers have booked this property
The 1920's Craftsman-Style Bungalow, home of The Westerman House Bed and Breakfast.
The living room is perfect for quiet conversations. The Front Bedroom has a queen-size bed! flat screen TV and WIFI access.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The living room is perfect for quiet conversations.
The Front Bedroom has a queen-size bed! flat screen TV and WIFI access.
The Back Bedroom can be transformed into a TV Room when the queen-size Murphy Bed is stowed away.
The fully-equipped Kitchen is stocked with baking staples in the cabinets.
Sit on the roomy front Porch and enjoy the sights and sounds of small-town living.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

charlotte...
Dallas, Texas
“AWESOME PLACE!”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The house was done so well that you felt like somebody so kind set it up for you. I used the outdoor grill and found that the person before me didn't clean it up after they used it. I made sure I put a large piece of foil down so I wouldn't leave a mess.You just don't want to leave a mess for somebody this nice. The home was immaculate! The kitchen was fabulous. The large bedroom I stayed in was just perfect. The homemade bread she made was so thoughtful, along with the delicious lemon cupcakes and the quiche! You just can't ask for a better stay. Sitting on the front porch mornings & evenings was priceless. I can't say anything bad about this place. You'll love it!

10 Jul 2017
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I try to make the house as comfortable and convenient as if I were living there. I love the front porch, too. It's a great spot to watch life in a small town. You are certainly welcome back any time!
James L
San Antonio
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is a great B&B. Nice location and great amenities. IdaNell provided a great breakfast casserole, bread and muffins. Wow. Very tasty. The house is very organized and We had a great time. We highly recommend it.

18 Jun 2017
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'm happy that you enjoyed you visit!
Happy1934
Quincy, Illinois
“I could not believe we had so much in this Westerman house.”
Reviewed 14 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Oh my God, I have been to a lot of places to stay but this tops them all. If you forgot something when you left home unless it was your wife or child don't worry IdaNell will most likely have it there in the house when you get there.
The breakfast caserole and cup cakes were delicious besides all the condements left in the refrigerator for several days. We stayed 7 nights and wished we had booked it for longer, I just can 't say enough about how pleased we were.
I never got the pleasure of meeting IdaNell and wished I could but I am sure that she does not want to impose on your privacy while there but the contacts with her I feel like I know her and the way she had the house decor and supplied was so great and unusual.
Her husband has to be mighty proud to have her for his wife and being a widower I am jealous of him. LOL
If you want a place to enjoy with privacy and a place for your dog or dogs and all the extras,stop looking,you found it.
We will never forget and will be back again.
Thanks,IdaNell for letting us use your beautiful place. George Vinyard,Illinois

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
16 Feb 2016
Oh my goodness, George! What a wonderful review! I was so tempted to stop by to meet you, but I never want to impose. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you so very much for the wine you left for us! If I could rate you, you would definitely be a 5-star guest!! Hope to meet you next time you're here!
Joni H
Irving, Texas
“Wow....Adorable Vacation REntal”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We picked Wasserman House because of it's location. We intended to do some property searching in the Hill Country and wanted to be centrally located, without staying in the busier Fredericksburg area. This location was perfect. From the moment we walked in the door, we, along with our two furbabies, felt completely relaxed and at home. We were greeted by a warm, welcoming cottage complete with absolutely everything we could possibly need to make our stay comfortable. From the yummy lemon cupcakes on the table to the stocked fridge and incredibly scrumptious breakfast casserole.... nothing was left to chance. Working with IdaNell was a dream, and if you ask, she'll even give you her recipes!

This cottage is great for people with pets. The fenced back yard and doggie door make it so simple to relax and enjoy your stay, not having to worry about your babies. The proximity to the river makes little treks to the water easy and fun with your pets (or children).

The beds were comfortable and the internet and cable work great (this has been a problem with past VRBO rentals we've stayed at), so if you have to get some work done while you're on vacation.... no problem. We would highly recommend this rental and definitely plan to return very soon, since during our stay we purchased our dream Hill Country retirement property!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cozy, welcoming atmosphere
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing