“Great good again”

Spice Cottage
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Westbourne
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Spice Cottage is a well-known, established restaurant specializing in providing classic plus special Indian dishes. Carefully thought and prepared by our highly skilled chefs. The Spice Cottage experience offers an intriguing combination of freshly cooked food to order with spices from the Indian subcontinent producing curries from mild to fiery hot! This is complete with a warm welcome from our friendly staff. An added bonus is that we do not sell alcoholic drinks, therefore you may bring your own. Alternatively, this can be brought by the local businesses around us and there is no corkage charge which makes the dining experience even more value for money.
Reviewed 26 March 2022

Such great food and a warm welcome. Lovely staff there. Very attentive and smiling. Although they were busy last night they found a table for me and my daughter. We hadn't booked. Didn't expect it to be so busy during the week. So will book next time. Well worth a visit. We took our own drink as they don't have a licence for alcohol. Makes it a cheap night. Good value. We quite often have take away from there and can recommend that as well.

1  Thank Exploration488374

Reviewed 12 March 2022

We have been customers of Spice Cottage for 4yrs and always found them really friendly and the food consistently amazing. Well, that has changed this evening. We ordered at 19:05, where I was told it would be 1hr 15 for delivery. When it still hadn’t arrived at 20:42, I called them. I asked if my order was on its way and after a short pause, the staff member returned to my call saying it was going to be another 10-15 minutes. I apologised and said this was too late and wanted a refund. This was refused an I was told it would just be 10 minutes. Again, I apologised and said it was too late for us to
eat and wanted a refund. Same answer, followed by ‘thank you, goodbye’. I protested and stopped the call from ending and asked why he was going to put the phone down on me. This pattern continued and I asked to speak to the manager - to which I was told he was the manager and I just had to wait another 10 minutes - I got the ‘thank you goodbye’ again and the call ended!!
Arrived at 21:00. The delivery lady was very apologetic and was surprised by the event and offered me some vouchers. We didn’t feel like eating curry at 21:00.
Spice Cottage - you really let us down tonight.

1  Thank LadyGGP
Reviewed 11 March 2022

We were staying locally & got recommended to visit Spice Cottage. We were very pleased we did & enjoyed a delicious meal. The service was excellent & the quality of the food superb and very flavoursome. They don’t have an alcohol license, so they are happy for you to bring your own drinks with no corkage charges. They provide glasses & a range of soft drinks.
Thoroughly enjoyed our evening and next time we are in the area we will be visiting again.

5  Thank HEATHER H
Reviewed 25 February 2022

Family meal great food & service. Cannot fault in a by way if we’re in the area again will definitely revisit

Date of visit: February 2022
3  Thank robt826
Reviewed 16 January 2022

We were very impressed with Spice Cottage. Good quality food, freshly prepared, varied menu, friendly service. We went on a Friday evening when the restaurant was full and doing a busy takeaway trade. That must be a good sign. They don't sell alcohol but are happy for people to bring own drinks and don't charge any extra.
We will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: January 2022