“Price, Proximity, People all excellent”
Review of Gateway Inn

Gateway Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laredo
Gateway Inn
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

A friend and I had traveled from San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. I had several official things to do on both sides of the border. I also needed to stock up on several things at the local stores, Wal-Mart, HEB, etc. My friend also loaded up on several things she need back in SMA, too. The Gateway was in close proximity to all the places that I needed to go to on the Texas side of the border. The price for 2 rooms was about the the same as one room at the Marriott. The night clerk was friendly and even though he was working the graveyard shift was quite pleasant and had a good sense of humor. The morning clerk, Nely, was quite friendly and helpful giving me clear and concise instructions about where to find the places to which I needed to go. The WIFi worked as good or better than most 'free' hotel Wifis that I've used. My friend mentioned that there was no free breakfast offered. I informed her that 'free' really just meant that there was no line item for the breakfast on the hotel bill. Secondly, 'free' breakfasts are often what's called 'Continental Breakfasts' (donuts, sweet rolls, toast, jelly, jams, sugar-sweetened juices, etc); being a diabetic, I can't safely eat the 'free' stuff, and I don't so, the 'free' breakfast is a waste of money for me. (Some hotels' 'senior discount' is really the removal of the alleged 'free' breakfast.) A senior, AARP or other discount is not necessary at Gateway because their price is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank leeveal
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 February 2010

This is the least expensive hotel I found in the area. It isn't pretty but not bad for the price. There is no free breakfast but free hi speed wi-fi worked great. Halls and room carpet was kind of smelly but the bathroom was extremely clean and the plumbing was in good working order. The linen was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I didn't use the A/C but the heater took a few hours to warm the room. The cable TV had all the great channels. This hotel saved me 10 to 20 dollars over other hotels on the same block. Its very close to Super Walmart and the mall and their are plenty of shopping centers and restaurants nearby. This was a decent hotel for a 'one' night stay with plenty of parking for cars and trucks.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dougndiya
Reviewed 7 November 2006

Driving down I-35 saw their ad on top of the building. Asked to see a room and took it. The fellow at the front desk was quite helpful answering my questions and gave me a booklet to find my way around Laredo.

Room was clean, AC worked well, cable TV was also nice to have to relax with before going to sleep ( No motels/hotels have A/C running when unoccupied).

Price was very good, especially compared to others I saw advertising their prices outside.

I will be staying there again soon.
A satisfied consumer.

For the price you can not expect the Taj Mahal.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank MexTripper
A TripAdvisor Member
Laredo
Reviewed 27 July 2005

Checked in after midnite, last vacant hotel available, walking thru the hallway to our room there was no ac very hot and humid, looked forward to a cool room but ac was off, waited one hour before room cooled down, very flat pillows and sunken mattress, clean room but for the price was hoping for better. Will stay only for emergency next time.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Reviewed 6 May 2004

Clean room, Hot & Cold Water, Heat & Air Worked, Close to the Wal-mart and lots of nearby Restaurants, And very Affordable!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member