“Overnight trip”

Lakeway Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 3:45 pm. Check in was at 4 pm. No rooms available. We waited for a room to be cleaned at 4:30 we were given keys to an upgraded room with a view. Resort fee was also waived. Pools are nice,views are nice. Rooms are nice and big. We enjoy coming here. Overall it's a great place to stay on the Lake

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate with upgraded accommodations, and I apologize for the initial delay upon check-in. I am glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and we look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The spa was very luxurious and relaxing. The views were beautiful. We especially loved the restaurant staff as they were very friendly and we enjoyed talking with them. My only complaint is they only had one massage therapist on staff so my girlfriends and I had to wait for hours for us all to get a treatment. I wish they had more on staff. Overall, I was very please with this property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that our associates left a lasting impression on you with their friendly service. We too love the stunning views of Lake Travis that our accommodations offer. I apologize for the wait at our spa and we are looking into ways to avoid a similar issue in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you find yourself in Austin!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The resort is situated nicely on the waterfront, but feels more like a hotel than a resort (though it comes with resort fees). Our room was a king room with lake view. The quality of the room was average, but the feel was terrible. We arrived to find water leaking all over the floor from condensation off of the fridge. The room was humid and everything felt damp. The AC issue was mitigated but it then took quite a while to have sheets changed and get the room feeling normal. Finally got the kids down 2 hours late with no relaxation from the night at all. Hotel didn't seemed concerned, but rather it seemed business as usual. Just another $300 for a stressful night!

This isn't a bad place, but it's not very much like a resort, rather a hotel with a large pool. Very expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott W

Scott, thank you for your review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our lakefront location overlooking lake Travis. I am very sorry and surprised to hear about the leak in your room and A/C issues. I assure you that we are looking into this immediately as this is unacceptable by our standards of service. I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you and assure you that this is not a typical Lakeway experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The property was nice and staff were generally helpful during our stay. My frustration is that I was double charged for our two-night stay! I have noticed others have had the same experience recently at this hotel. My wife booked our reservation through a major online booking company using a credit card and paid for our stay in advance. I provided my credit card at check-in for incidentals. Needless to say I was surprised to see two fees on my credit card statement...one for the resort fees/incidentals and a second charge for the hotel stay (again). I've made phone calls to Expedia, the hotel, and my credit card company to hash this out...what a pain!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carl1376

I am very sorry to hear about the billing issues you've experienced. Unfortunately, when booking through a third-party, we have little control over the charges and refunds. I do hope that you were able to work everything out and will continue to join us in the future. We hope to you see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Expected a better welcome from front desk and staff. We get better welcome from our regular hotel stays. I had to ask what the wifi password was, where other hotels never forget to mention at check in. Found out we slept on dirty sheets, blood stained to be exact! The restaurant staff was so kind! Food was okay. Amenities like pool and fitness center are awesome! checkout time info on room door needs to be updated. It says 12pm, yet we had someone knocking on our door at 11am asking if we are checking out. Apparently check out time is at 11am.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Irma, thank you for your review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am sorry and surprised to hear about your experience with our associates upon check-in, as we take customer service very seriously. I will surely discuss this with my team to see where the miscommunication occurred. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our onsite facilities including our pool and fitness area. We hope that you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you visit Austin.

Blake Doran

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
8.8 km away
The Shores at Lake Travis
#1 of 1 in Lago Vista
13.6 km away
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place

Been to Lakeway Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK