“Great place with amazing views.. Don't put off visiting!!”

Lakeway Resort and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Our room was spacious, clean and A/C worked just fine! We had a wonderful porch with parking lot view which was perfect since we were either in pool, out at the restaurant and or the bars and enjoying the many views! The staff is amazing - Dillon @ the pool served us well, Jake in the restaurant gave us a great beer selection and ideas to visit around the area. Elvis at check in made the trip with his positive attitude and overall helpfulness. I am a customer service manager and the staff gave outstanding service! Rare these days! I was leary about going on this trip from other reviews as they were mixed and I am here to say we were amazed at how awesome the Lakeway Resort property is. The workout room was spacious as well and we enjoyed the equipment as well. Bed was comfortable & towels @ the pool were plentiful! The hotel was full when we were there and there was plenty of room at the pool and all over the hotel, you didn't feel like there were too many people. We ate at the restaurant and food was good we were happy with our meals. My only complaint is the pricing on the drinks they were quite pricey.
PS- do bring $$ for tipping - tipped to have staff take you to car in parking lot as it is quite a haul if you are not parking Valet..

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor and it was quiet and perfect rm 605 faces parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our well-appointed accommodations, dedicated service and our signature restaurant, Travis. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve the guest experience and hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Blake Doran

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was a mix of some good and some not so great things, but this is from my expectation of a 4 diamond resort (the award hangs by the registration desk) that charges $209 / night plus a $28 resort fee.

Pros: We had a 5th floor lake view with a balcony. View was fantastic. Beds were comfortable. Shower head is excellent with great water pressure.

Cons: There is apparently a steakhouse? We were told it doesn't exist. Ok. So much for that. Then we have registered, a part of 4 - 2 adults, a 17 yo and a 14 yo. We have a total of 4 towels in the room. 4. So when the ladies go take showers and use 2 each, I guess we have leftovers. And goodness -- if we wanted to take one in the morning, too. And for the 4 of us there was one bottle of shampoo, one body wash, and one conditioner. I spoke with the desk and they were nice enough to bring up a bunch of the sundries, extra towels, and credit the resort fee. But only then, and housekeeping didn't get the 'please add extra towels' memo for the second day. Oh, well. And I forgot to mention that the first day our room had no waters in it. It did the 2nd day, over by the coffee. Not in the fridge. That might be too logical? Nice, cold water in the fridge?

Tub had no grippy mat or tape in it. Very slippery. No exhaust fan, so that resulted in everything in the room being wet. It's hot, so you crank down the a/c, and you get condensation everywhere. On everything. Which explains why the bathroom door is warped a little, has wood peeling at the bottom, and nominal mold.

A/C never seems to get that cold. It chugs along, blowing air but still. You know it's blowing air because of the black stain of dust, etc. on the ceiling.

I've had worse, but had better. I'm used to hotels that are effectively charging nearly $240 a night before taxes seeming to have made the effort to have you 'taken care of'. Sometimes it's the little things that make or break it for me in a review. This is likely one of those. That said, the location is what it's all about. But I do expect more from a hotel that is charging that much and purports to be a 4 diamond resort hotel.

Room Tip: Get lakeside or you see the parking lot. Lake views are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HTownReviewer
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your well-appointed accommodations complete with stunning views of Lake Travis. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding our onsite restaurant and the lapse in housekeeping you experiences. I will surely speak with my team to see where the miscommunication may have occurred. We appreciate the feedback regarding the A/C and again I will have my team look into this immediately. I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you visit Austin.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. Overall, we really enjoyed it. We had a lakeview room (totally worth it). Our favorite part was the multi-tier pool with the swim up bar. The view from the pool is perfect. I also had a massage and pedicure at the spa which I would highly recommend. The spa really is beautiful. The rooms are a little older and showing some wear, but not too bad. My only wish would be more dining options. There is only one true restaurant on site and the menu is fairly small. It's a bit of a drive to get anywhere so it would be nice to have another option. There are signs inside for a steakhouse, but it doesn't actually exist. I guess the signs need to be updated. You can get food at the pool or have room service if you're looking for more casual options. I would still come back and would recommended as well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had an overall wonderful time with our relaxing pool area, renowned spa services and onsite dining option, Travis Restaurant. We appreciate your areas surrounding areas in which we may improve as we continue to work on the guest experience. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will both join us again the next time your travels bring you to Austin!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

we stayed at this property for 4 days with our 5 year old and it was a fantastic getaway. Staff were super helpful n friendly chk in to chk out was smooth. The rooms are very spacious and the beds super comfy! Although we dint use the adults only pool the other pools were very kids friendly n perfct temperatures. Cabanas are first come first served and it was very pleasant to rest under them... Food however left much to be desired... perhaps add more choices to the pool grill and maybe a little reasonable pricing... too expensive for what they serve. Overall we did have a fabulous time and the kids zone was a definite plus!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time with our friendly associates, spacious accommodations and complimentary onsite facilities. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with our dining options and we appreciate this feedback as we continue to improve. I hope that you will join us again the next time your travels bring you to Austin.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This was a great place to stop on our road trip thru TX. It was very clean everywhere. Every person we came across was kind and had great customer service. We went to the (adult) pool, rented a boat on the lake, and watched the sunset from our balcony. We had so much fun on our stay here. On our next stop we said, we should've stayed at Lakeway longer! I would go back and I would recommend this place. We went without our kids this time but I would totally bring them back here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esther M

Esther, thank you for your kind review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that our associates left a lasting impression on you with their kind service - we will surely pass along your compliments to the team. We appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to your future visits.

Blake Doran

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
8.8 km away
6.7 km away
Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
13.6 km away
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place

Been to Lakeway Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK