1,171 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffetfire pithill countryfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed 20 March 2012

From the website, the place looks upscale, but (other than the pool area) it's on par with Holiday Inn, but at basically twice the price. In fact, standard amenities in most hotels, such as a refrigerator and microwave are completely missing! Oh yeah, you can get a refrigerator, but at an added cost. And you need additional sleeping area besides the king size bed? Sure, you can get a rollaway bed, for an extra charge :-( From the minute we stepped into the room, we were disappointed. No refrigerator, no microwave, no sofa, bland furnishings, etc. It was a shame to waste leftover food at local restaurants, and not be able to heat up food we already bought (awfully wasteful). The coffee maker was broken too. For all the extra charges, we figured there would be the usual amentities, but extra (kitchenette, maybe a DVD player). I brought a portable DVD player for the kids, but despite a technical background, I could not get it to play through the TV (it was rigged to block signals I suppose). And luckily we brought an inflatible bed for the kids.

Speaking of kid and family friendliness, there were no night lights in the place (what, they couldn't even scrimp up a few dollars to buy them?!?) So you either had to leave lights on (making it hard to sleep), or go with it being pitch black. We did the latter, and it made for bumping into things trying to go back and forth between the restroom. Also, they had loud live music outside(!) that went until midnight, which also made it hard to sleep. The sounds even from the hallway and surroundings were especially audible.

I guess the place focuses on the "spa" stuff, exercise room, and the pool area. I'm not sure who the target demographic is, but it seems to be wealthy, white singles, or empty nesters, who go to bed late and get up early (so they can hit the exercise room). There was an uppity snooty atmosphere too around the place that we found annoying.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff R
Troy M, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I am extremely sorry you felt misled by our website and what Lakeway Resort and Spa has to offer. We are continuously upgrading our amenities and accommodations to better serve our guests. We strive for guest satisfaction at the resort and I apologize that no one went out of their way to get a hold of a nightlight for you and your children. I am the most disappointed to learn you left with the impression of an uppity atmosphere as we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service. I’m glad your family enjoyed our beautiful pool area and hope you come back to enjoy our amenities in the future. I sincerely thank you or your feedback, and I hope the opportunity arises that we are able to change your mind concerning our resort.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The best part of our stay was the service from guest services and reception. We were always addressed by our names and every need was met and then followed up on by phone.
My issues were: the LBJ Suite was really overpriced for a view of the parking lot. We were traveling with teens and wanted two rooms that adjoined, one with a king and one with two doubles. This suite was the only way they said they could accommodate us. The door to the bathroom would not shut without my husband really giving it a shove. The toilet tissue holder was coming out of the wall. The food quality at this resort needs a complete makeover. I thought because of the room rate I agreed to, that I would be impressed with the restaurant. It was pretty much aweful. Unoriginal, greasy, tasteless. Aweful service. I also noticed that the outdoor seating area was dirty from the night before. Chunks of food and trash all over the floor. I was also unimpressed with the spa. A 50 min less than average massage was $110, with the women's lounge area unkept and dirty. Dirty upholstry, dirty floor. They showed me the outside seating area on the balcony and I went out to sit. The lounger was filthy with bird droppings, dirt and spider webs. Really not good with the price of the massage.
So to sum it up I highly doubt that we will return.

Room Tip: Ask lots of questions including what kind of view to expect.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank CKOldham
Troy M, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I want to thank you for your feedback following your stay with us as we strive to identify opportunities to better serve our guests. Your valued response will help us achieve our goals. I am very pleased to learn Guest Services and our Front Desk Associates greeted you by name and worked to follow up with you during your stay. We make an enormous effort to make a personal impact on every guest and I've passed your kind words along to those individuals. All of the issues identified in your email will be addressed. I have also communicated your concerns regarding the food to the Outlet Manager. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your experience. I hope we will have the opportunity in the near future exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've stayed in a number of resorts all over the world. We just checked out of Lakeway Resort and Spa....had to say I was disappointed:(. We were looking for a relaxing place to stay in the Hill Country and fell in love with the pictures on the website. Even the reviews were positive! The cost was $279 per night with a $75 resort credit.....great deal right! Well...not so much. Don't get me wrong...we had a great time because WE made the trip great, but the rooms are outdated, found a few blonde hairs in my new towels, the bathroom and fixtures were old, the Dell tv was awful, no fridge, room was large but virtually empty and mildew in the tub area. The pools were crowded (because of spring break) but they had a lot of family-friendly events on location. Great for families but we are single with no kids. The lake was low and they didn't have as many amenities as I was expected. Called the spa to reserve a cabana and they never retuned the call. The service and food was great....and people were very friendly. But for the price....I was a more than disappointed. Should've stayed at the Hilton in Barton Creek.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank block134

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the detailed information of your experience and will use this feedback to improve our property for our future guests. We strongly believe in continuous improvement and are currently working on additional amenities. I will pass along the warm regards to our staff and food & beverage associates. We strive to provide our guests with the very best experience and I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Went up for a wedding and stayed the weekend at the hotel. I absolutely LOVED it; we never had to leave the hotel. There are restaurants, gift shops and so much more! You can relax at the hotel’s pool. They have a kid’s pool with a waterslide and an adult pool with a swim-up bar. The staff and service was incredible. Very Relaxing Weekend!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here for a girls weekend and it was fantastic! We weren't looking for the hustle and bustle or nightlife that Austin has to offer so this was perfect. The resort is well decorated, check in was a breeze, the spa treatments were wonderful and overall, no real complaints. The bathroom was little outdated and the resort is away from everything so a great place to rest and relax.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends