“okay, not great”

Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Dallas
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We stayed 10 nights. Hotel is close to I-35 and easy access to Denton, Flower Mound, Frisco, etc. We had a "suite" with the couch and chair, so the room was spacious. Ceiling fan over the bed was a good addition - probably mostly to help take the air from the window unit into the rest of the room. But the fan chain for changing speeds was missing, so the fan was either on high speed or not on at all. We reported the fan to front desk on third day and reminded them a couple of days later. It was never fixed, but I was told on checking out that the maintenance man was no longer employed there. Bed was comfortable. WiFi was excellent. Breakfast room was spacious. Can't comment on food because I have celiac disease and dairy and egg sensitivity, so I have to provide my own breakfast everywhere I go. As for housekeeping . . . a definite weakness at this hotel. It's not that the room was dirty, but the daily upkeep lacked. The little handsoap was only replaced after a week when my husband took one off the cart in the hall. Sweeping the bathroom was spotty, as was the vacuuming, and no notice was taken by them of things we had used that needed replacing - other than towels and toilet paper. Kleenex, notepaper, cups, and shower cap were not replaced unless we raided the cart or asked at the front desk. But, really, these were not enough to make it a bad stay - just irritations that the management should work to improve on. I would recommend asking for a room on the back side of the hotel, as there is a neighborhood there, as opposed to a busy street, though a good white noise app helps there.

Room Tip: north side (rear of hotel) is probably quieter
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
bwlakedallastx, webmaster at Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased that you found us to be a decent hotel. I’m sorry for any ways we fell short of your expectations, however. We’re involved in an process of continuous evaluation and improvement, so you can be sure that any stay with us in the future will be even better than this stay. We look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Lake Dallas.
Today we hung out at the private pool which was very peaceful.
We enjoyed the daily breakfast and the in room coffee & refrigerator as well as the microwave.
There is a sushi and Chinese restaurant, a hamburger joint, a liquor store and an auto parts store within walking distance and a grocery store and many other restaurants within a mile.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
sunny8808, Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (940) 497-1007.

Sunny Patel
BEST WESTERN Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Was hard to see because it's located behind a liquor store. WiFi didn't work. Husband found a nanno lizard living in the bathroom behind the loose tiles of the bathroom floor/wall. Went to checkout and the front desk said we never checked in. Elevator smelled of hot rubber.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
BwPlusLakeDallas, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Guest,

I apologize sincerely to you for the lapses you experienced. We take real pride in this hotel and are in the process of making it better than ever before. I assure you that we will do better for you in the future if you give us another try. I apologize once again that we failed you in this case. I regret the lapses very much.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

The lobby has ships in it and the second floor has a small area that looks like the deck of the ship wonder staff and very clean .Breakfast was great with alot of selection.The pool was clean .The laundry room was clean Staff had change

Room Tip: Very nice rooms
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
BwPlusLakeDallas, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our BEST WESTERN Plus, which met your needs. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Chose this property as it was not in the heart of Dallas, but easy access to the Airport location where my meeting was. Nice little spot, with pool and close to restaurants. Surprised to hear they will be updating the hotel, because it is in good shape. Best part was friendly, helpful people at front desk. Good value staying here.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m very glad that our hotel impressed you in so many ways. We focus on offering a guest experience that will satisfy a wide range of travelers. When you’re in the area again, I hope you will make us your first choice. We’ll be here when you need us with another great stay that you’re sure to like again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Dallas
11.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Denton
7.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton

Been to Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK