“Fabulous!”

Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in La Porte
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Every time my business travels bring me to the La Porte area, I go out of my way to frequent Main 101. The bar scene is fun with laughter, interesting conversations, excellent beer and wine selections and I often hear customers raving about their mixed drinks. (I'm a beer and wine guy)
I rarely look at the menu since the bartender, Chris or Joe, the owner will gladly make recommendations that have consistently been outstanding. Last night it was a pan seared salmon dish that was crispy on one side and tonight it's a large pork chop with a fig topping. Both dishes were cooked perfectly that had amazing flavors and made the choices outstanding.
This restaurant would be a go to if it was only for the food and it would be a go to if it was only for the atmosphere and bar. They have both and my only problem is that I live in Boston, MA and it's 1,600 miles away!
I regularly travel around the world for business and this is only the second time in five years I felt passionate enough to write a review.

1  Thank ericz403

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I went to have dinner because it has a good rating in TripAdvisor and was located a couple o minutes from my hotel.
It was a good decision, the hamburgers are really good, the place is kind of cozy and the service is incredibly good.
Highly recommendable for a simple dinner, nothing fancy but good.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We went here during lunch. It is upper class yet not. I wouldn't go in there with old jeans and a t-shirt. This place was upper class without the upper class price range. I would think it would be great for a night out for a couple. The food is great, the staff was great and the price is no more then expected. The NY strip was great and the creme brulee was good.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

First time here. Off the beaten path.

Great little spot with excellent food. All chef prepared and it shows. Decided to try the fixed price menu....with salad, main course and dessert.

Salad was nothing special. Entre was outstanding with excellent flavor. In this case the tenderloin of pork over sweet potatoe with cranberries was very moist and on point. Dessert was an excellent creme brule, simple and satisfying.

Portions were not overly large. Quality over quantity is the mantra here.

Service was surprisingly very good and attentive.

2 people can dine with tip for around $60. Very reasonable considering the quality of the food here. Lunch should be just as good for less.

I highly recommend you give this place a try.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

This place is worth the drive from Houston! Wow! The food and the owner is brilliant! I've never had unique flavors like this!!

1  Thank mandy182amanda