“Best Cinnamon Rolls Can you believe it? I couldn't either!”

Tony's Barbecue & Steak House La Porte
Ranked #29 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Reviewed 31 March 2017

My colleague and I wanted something fast and flavorful for lunch. No suggestion were made so we start driving down Underwood we both said let's try Tony's BBQ. We both had the Chopped Beef Sandwich with fries. My fried wanted to try the cinnamon and I was thinking really Homemade Cinnamon Roll at a BBQ place. Really??? Let me tell you I enjoyed the Cinnamon Roll better than the BBQ. It was just that good.
By the Way the service was sorta of slow and it wasn't even rush hour. So you may want to call in the order.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

I was visiting La Porte for work and took a couple of my coworkers to lunch. They suggested Tony's and off we went. Here's my experience, in no particular order:

1) Convenient location right off the main road with ample parking.
2) Walk-up service. You walk in and read off of the menu board, then head to the cashier and place your order.
3) Great variety of BBQ, steaks, ribs, sandwiches, etc.
4) One of my coworkers and I ordered the chicken fried steak with beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, while the other coworker ordered a BBQ pork sandwich with one side dish.
5) Can't believe the entire meal was only $29!! During the rest of my trip, each of my meals alone was more than $29.
6) The service was fast! The sandwich was ready as soon as I paid and the chicken fried steaks were brought to our table in about five minutes.
7) The steaks were excellent and filling. I'm a big eater and I was very satisfied when I was done.

In summary, you can't go wrong with this place. I don't get to Texas often, but I will certainly be back to Tony's on my next visit to TX.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

So we stopped for dinner at Tonys BBQ on underwood in Laporte ... I will NEVER come back .... There are enough BBQ places around Texas where I refuse to be treated like crap and not given what I ask for ... Me ...I'd like 2 chicken legs ( for will who wants chicken legs and one is not enough) them ... No. I'm like what do you mean, no? Charge me for the entire chicken if you need to... I need 2 chicken legs pls. Still can't do it .. We can only give you a leg and a thigh ... This sounds stupid I get but if I am paying and have options ( like the other BBQ place literally across the street) why would I go where they are unwilling to provide adequate customer service ...

Reviewed 13 July 2016

You have to go! best B_B_Q... next to eating Grand Prize.. Employees are nice . eager to help with the right decision on meat type and sides. . friendly

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We eat here occasionally for lunch, it is good BBQ and a decent price. They have daily lunch specials, but the speical is only save $0.50, but they are still good food. The sweet tea is hit and miss, the BBQ sauce is decent. I usually have the baked potato with chopped brisket and it is super filling.