“Friendly Staff Ran down hotel”

Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The staff at the hotel was very friendly. But the rooms weren’t the cleanest. And the hotel could use some updates and TLC. I had dirty dishes, it looked like someone had tried to make tea without taking the bag out of the wrapper, and there were crumbs and gold fish under the chair and inside the ac unit in my room. My light in the kitchen area would randomly turn off and on. The frying pan I had needed to be replaced(everything I cooked just stuck to the pan). I asked the front desk for a new one and they said they didn’t have anymore.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mrdjf
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hello mrdjf,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, TX. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness,kitchenette amenities and lighting. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Full kitchen, clean rooms, friendly staff. I highly recommend Candlewood over any of the nearby accommodations. The rooms are comfortable. They have desks for business work. The wifi is ok, not great. They have a small shop for food and beverages. They are very close to stores, restaurants and Fort Hood. Laundry room and fitness center are included.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Alice M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Please come visit us soon again!

Alice M.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The people were very nice but the Hotel is in serious need of a complete makeover. The rugs are worn and frayed, the furniture is passable but just. The AC is deficient. In the room I was in there was a Living room/kitchen area and a bedroom. The AC was in the living area and there was a hole cut in the wall with a small fan to circulate the air t the bedroom. Result was that the bedroom got very stuffy. I hope that when the complete the remodel which I was told is coming very soon, that they will correct this. I like to sleep cool but in order to get the bedroom to the temperature I liked I had to make the living area uncomfortably cold so I just slept on top of the sheets.
The housekeeping is supposed to be done one time per week as this is an extended stay hotel, but I had to remind them on at least 2 occasions to perform the weekly cleaning in my room.
All of that being said I must add that the people were very nice and friendly. They do make you feel welcome. The location is good as it I close to shopping, eating and the main road through Killeen. The kitchen area is fairly well equipped and they have pots and pans, silverware as well as dishes. There is a microwave, and a small 2 burner stove so you can easily cook in your room and the dishwasher makes for easy cleanup.
So in closing I do hope that the upcoming remodel goes well and gives the people there the Hotel they deserve. The people are 5 star but unfortunately the Hotel doesn't measure up to their level.

Room Tip: go for the top floor no one walking above you.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Alice M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Mr Jim,

thank you so much for your feedback.
i am really glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with the staff.
We will renovate in the next few months so we hope to see you again then to show you all the improvements.

Alice M

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Book this hotel for my employees all the time at their request! They stay for weeks to months at a time and they never have a bad thing to say. Staff is always friendly and rooms are always clean. Just book again for another 5 weeks!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Alice M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much for your great review!
We love to have you here guys with us and take care of you.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Great place friendly staff and also the maids taught me a little Spanish...lol. Military friendly and pet friendly. There are four dryers, 3 washers, they a partnered with Holiday in just on the back side which it has a bar inside and a pool also a restaurant thats serves breakfast and dinner. They have a mini work out room. There are DVD's that you can rent from at the front desk and a little pantry the sells drink, laundry soup, frozen foods, and etc.... Also it has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius free of charge

Room Tip: They are all well kept
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business