All reviewsfort hoodan extended stay hotelrooms are comfortablefull kitchenpantryemployeeswasheraccommodationslaundry
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The people were very nice but the Hotel is in serious need of a complete makeover. The rugs are worn and frayed, the furniture is passable but just. The AC is deficient. In the room I was in there was a Living room/kitchen area and a bedroom. The AC was in the living area and there was a hole cut in the wall with a small fan to circulate the air t the bedroom. Result was that the bedroom got very stuffy. I hope that when the complete the remodel which I was told is coming very soon, that they will correct this. I like to sleep cool but in order to get the bedroom to the temperature I liked I had to make the living area uncomfortably cold so I just slept on top of the sheets.
The housekeeping is supposed to be done one time per week as this is an extended stay hotel, but I had to remind them on at least 2 occasions to perform the weekly cleaning in my room.
All of that being said I must add that the people were very nice and friendly. They do make you feel welcome. The location is good as it I close to shopping, eating and the main road through Killeen. The kitchen area is fairly well equipped and they have pots and pans, silverware as well as dishes. There is a microwave, and a small 2 burner stove so you can easily cook in your room and the dishwasher makes for easy cleanup.
So in closing I do hope that the upcoming remodel goes well and gives the people there the Hotel they deserve. The people are 5 star but unfortunately the Hotel doesn't measure up to their level.

Room Tip: go for the top floor no one walking above you.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Alice M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Mr Jim,

thank you so much for your feedback.
i am really glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with the staff.
We will renovate in the next few months so we hope to see you again then to show you all the improvements.

Alice M

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Book this hotel for my employees all the time at their request! They stay for weeks to months at a time and they never have a bad thing to say. Staff is always friendly and rooms are always clean. Just book again for another 5 weeks!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Alice M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much for your great review!
We love to have you here guys with us and take care of you.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Great place friendly staff and also the maids taught me a little Spanish...lol. Military friendly and pet friendly. There are four dryers, 3 washers, they a partnered with Holiday in just on the back side which it has a bar inside and a pool also a restaurant thats serves breakfast and dinner. They have a mini work out room. There are DVD's that you can rent from at the front desk and a little pantry the sells drink, laundry soup, frozen foods, and etc.... Also it has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius free of charge

Room Tip: They are all well kept
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I am currently staying in this hotel with several coworkers and all of us have the same opinion -- We do not want our company to ever book us in this particular hotel ever again. Some rooms have bugs and almost all have major deficiencies ranging from inoperable heating and air conditioning units, microwave ovens and dishwashers to furniture that's falling apart.

Room Tip: Don't! You should not stay at this hotel until they properly renovate.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary Ann L
Jen M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Our hotel is on a preventative plan with an exterminator and they have come out to review each report of bugs but have not been able to find any evidence of any bugs. They have treated the rooms even though none were found as a precaution and are continuing to see if they can find any. Our full renovation is about to start and please be assured that these issues you have mentioned will be looked into and corrected. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Location is off the beaten path. My room had a musky smell to it (the a/c and or the window open got rid of it for a bit). The staff was great. PET FRIENDLY! No restaurant nor pool, but you can go to the hotel behind it and use the ones there.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family