Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 176
US$ 109
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 140/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 113
US$ 106
Courtyard
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 118/night.

US$ 108
US$ 126
US$ 123
US$ 63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 70/night.

US$ 124
US$ 104
US$ 131
US$ 108
Priceline
All reviewsfort hoodan extended stay hotelrooms are comfortablefull kitchenpantryemployeeswasheraccommodationslaundry
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Since this is the first review of this establishment I will attempt to be thorough and cover everything I can think of. I am in the middle of my stay here and I am staying from January 3 to January 16 2009. Bottom line up front this has been a pleasurable stay and if I am in the Fort Hood area again then I would stay here again with no reservations.

First of all, this place excels for people looking for an affordable longer stay hotel. From what I have observed this particular hotel seems to be set up to handle military business from Fort Hood. The hotel is about 4.5 miles from Fort Hood’s main gate and since I am here for training at Fort Hood that is one of the main reasons why I chose it. It was built in 2006 so it is still “new.” It is clean and the staff has been helpful with everything I have needed. A lot of the hotels in the area seem to give contractors a hard time about receiving the government rate but after calling and speaking to the manager prior to booking my room they said it would not be a problem. It has not been a problem at all.

There are 3 styles of rooms to choose from and I am staying in the lowest one of the selections because of my government rate. My room has a queen bed and the part I liked best was the dishes/cutlery for cooking and eating/dish washer/stove/microwave/full size refrigerator/table for working and recliner for relaxing. They supply the dish washer detergent as well. There is a small coffee machine in the room with a one shot bag of free coffee. The shower water pressure is good and the water can get hot (not the lukewarm feel of some of the other hotels I have stayed at). The laundry machines and dryers are free and are located in the exercise room. The exercise room has two treadmills and some weight type machines and clean workout towels in the room.

They have an outdoor gas grill that have not taken advantage of yet. There is plenty of parking and the rooms have a DVD player in them with free movies at the front desk. The area around the hotel is quiet. The only place to eat without driving is in the Holiday Inn (has a bar and grill) which has adjoining parking lots and is a sister hotel to the Candlewood. It opens at 6pm (used to be 5pm) and close at 11pm (used to be 10pm). They do not supply a breakfast but you can pay $3-$4 at the Candlewood and have a breakfast (with a few items to choose from) that is prepared at the Holiday Inn and brought to you at the Candlewood. The area around the hotel is quiet.

My room came with 3 pillows (two on the bed and one in the closet) and they were comfortable enough that I didn’t have to request either of the two other choices of pillows the hotel has (the other choices are feather and hypo allergenic). The room comes with an ironing board and iron and they have dry cleaning service available that has about a 24 hour turnaround. The internet is free both wired and wireless. They supplied me with a cable at the front desk for wired internet. The room has a big closet for my clothes which held everything nicely and it had plenty of hangers. The thermostat in the room is awesome for getting your room to the exact temperature you want. The bed is comfortable and is on the firm side. No charges for making local/toll free calls from the room which I liked. The lighting in the room is good as well as the size of the bathroom and bathtub.

The hotel has a little store in it that has cola/energy drinks/medicine/microwave meals that you can purchase. It is priced in the range of a convenience store but with obviously not as much selection. Overall not bad. They give you a coupon at check in for a free drink. They also allow you to receive mail and FedEx/DHL/UPS packages at the hotel which is nice.

The business center is free and has a computer and printer in it. So I used that almost everyday for my printing. They have envelopes for DHL and FedEx envelopes for sending things out. The elevator is large and holds around 6-8 people.

The things I didn’t like are the following. None of them are huge things but I am attempting to be thorough in this review and note everything. I thought that the free coffee that they supply 24/7 was not that good. Some days it seemed ok and other days it sucked. So that was hit and miss. I could not find the bathroom trash can (it turned out they hid it in the bathroom cabinet). When the doors close in the hallway in rooms near mine I can hear it a little bit. There is no phone in the bathroom which I like to have. I can lightly hear people walking around above me (not very much but it could bother some sensitive people).

They only clean the rooms every 7 days if you are staying long term and this takes place on Saturdays. You can get clean towels from the front desk by exchanging your dirty ones but if you want your room cleaned daily then they don’t do it. Of course I mentioned that if you want breakfast then you can have something delivered from the Holiday Inn but they don’t supply one. The business center does not have a shredder and that would have been nice to have.

The television in the room is a 32 inch CRT (tube) tv. It does not allow you to control brightness and contrast which is important if you want to hook your Xbox or Playstation to it to play games. So I believe the tv could be upgraded (to allow for better gaming) but for television viewing it is fine. The phone in the lobby dials to the front desk and not the rooms which has been inconvenient when I want to call my co-workers room from the lobby. You have to dial to the front desk and they will put you through (a minor hassle).

In summary, this has been a pleasant place to stay for long term business in the Fort Hood area and I would stay here again because the staff is nice, the rooms are clean, and it takes 5-10 minutes to get to the front gate of Fort Hood. It is a lot better than hotels I have stayed at in the past for this price point.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank oek736