“Tasty Pho and quite folk”

Vietnamese Noodles Pho - Saigon
Ranked #127 of 258 Restaurants in Killeen
Reviewed 1 May 2015

Here's what I wrote about them on yelp:

"My experience here at pho saigon vietnamese noodles in Killeen, Tx

I strolled into this restaurant at right around 6 pm and was immediately seated. The friendly staff greeted me with a subtle smile and mentioned I could be seated anywhere.

Setting down my bags, I went to the restroom. Clean. One of the first indicators of a good restaurant, and a good indication of hygiene.

I noticed, when I went to the counter, that there was ozarka water bottles that they pour the water from. Another plus in my opinion. I was prepared to purchase a separate bottle of water and they have you covered.

As I was seated, I took a glance at the menu. Quite a few options, I noticed the pho right away.

Scanning down I didn't notice any veggie options and flipping through the menu, there were few added pages of dishes, mostly specials. The pho was definitely the highlight of the venue and the other options were supplemental.

I figured, vietnamese = pho, so why not go with it. I requested a special order of pho with tofu minus the meat and they gladly accommodated.

As soon as I was able to open my laptop to start typing this review I was served. Literally 5 minutes from when I was seated.

Later I found out that the broth, made from beef stock, had been prepared MAX 24 hrs... not the best practice but at the same time its not a game breaker. Its on me for not asking prior to order if they had a veggie broth option.

The pho was good with the added veggies served with it, a spruce of lime, and a few jalapeños.

I did order a side of rice to supplement the food volume I eat and it was good, steamed rice, though it be white (its a personal preference to select brown when available).

So overall,
service: 4 star
food: 4 star (taste made it but would like veggie options)
ambiance: 3 stars (its very quite here but they have a news channel running which does not parallel a traditional pho environment)

So overall I would give it a 3.5 star. Would I recommend coming here? Of course, if your not vegetarian. If you are, my follow up question is are you ok with eating a veggie pho with beef broth? if so then yes make the trip its delicious food.

Cheers."