“Not Good”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
San Antonio, Texas
“Not Good”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

DId a bid on Hotwire for a good rate for the "2 Star" hotels in Kerrville. When I found out I got this hotel I was a bit worried because of things I had heard. Unfortunately it was true. We walked in to a room that smelled like urine, had a huge pee stain on the bed that look like it was just covered up with the comforter and to top it off had a roach trap underneath the sink. The lady up front was nice about it and offered another room but after that experience I would not stay there at all. Its pretty cheap but soo not worth it. Please spend an exdtra 20 dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We needed a place to sleep after driving on the interstate. This place was cheap and clean. Didn't stay for the breakfast. Good fridge, microwave, and flat screen tv. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank enriquezusmc
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The couple working there were not pleasant or helpful in any way. They were extremely rude when checking in. The room was noisy could not get a good sleep, there was a lot of vehicle & people traffic, room doors & vehicle doors opening and closing CONTINUOUSLY, there were people/children running through the parking to the adjacent properties, definitely not a safe location for you or your vehicle. My vehicle alarm went off at 1:00 AM, when I looked at the window there was a truck running next to it, that s l o w l y backed away then drove away without lights. I have no idea if they were trying to rob my vehicle. There was a person upstairs that was continuously opening & closing the room door. Could not get rest/sleep. No one was in the office during the night. We just left by 2 AM, it was a horrible experience. To top it off, there is a ice machine right outside the office, we got ice out of it and there was some type of critter (animal) droppin in one of the ice cubes!!!! The next day when I mentioned it to the Manager, he was RUDE and basically called me a liar, when I told him about the problem with their ice machine. He said that was impossible! I was only informing him there was a problem with that machine. Ice machine is outside, so it is always a possibility. He said he would get back to me, it's been 16 days & I have not heard back, until I contact corporate guest relations, and the just wrote theirs lies.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kerrville hotels

Houston
Reviewed 9 March 2010

This hotel is great. Low prices, great bed and espically enjoyed the heating unit in the bathroom. It was heaven. Service was great. Desk Clerk was nice and pleasant. Was impressed with the mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Also hair dryer was included. It was clean and very spacious. Enjoyed the continental breakfast the following morning. We will definately come back when we are in area. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
mgrabvikerrville, Manager at Lone Star Inn Kerrville/Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 22 March 2010
On behalf of all the staff, i would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging requirements in kerrville. We hope to see you soon, and again thank you for staying with us.
salado Texad
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Booked a room to stay, the lady behind the counter argued with me about booking a room for non smoking, and that she smelt cigarette smoke on me. And yes i smoke but outside, not inside. I had my 3 month old grand daughter with me. I told her I dont even smoke in my own home. Well she didnt believe me, aftet that she would not hand me anything, she dropped my credit card on the counter dropped my receipts on the counter as if I was all of a sudden had a disease she could catch.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! There is a friendly MOTEL just 2 blocks down the road directly across the street from an IHOP. They are nice little cottages (Hillcrest Inn 1508 Sydney Baker Rd)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family