“Great Food Cold Beer and Entertainment”
Review of The Kenney Store

The Kenney Store
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Kenney
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 12
Description: If you are looking for a place to enjoy great food and live music, come on by! With a few restorations our building est. 1882, has come to life once again. Devour in some of our home cooking, always served with sweet southern charm. Drink a few ice cold beers, specialty wines, and signature drinks from our full bar. Come early and get a good seat. We have live music almost every night of the week. Waltz, two-step, line-dance, and shake what your good ma’ma gave you under the neon lights. Check out our website for hours and music line up.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not just your average country honky-tonk. They have great food, cold beverages and great entertainment. Check out tier listen club or weekly entertainers. Some really great artist perform at this place and oh did I mention the food is great.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I rode the Harley to The Kenney Store for lunch on Saturday. I'll cover the good part first. The place is cool and had the Astro's game on the TVs which is great. I had a great young man as a waiter he told some of the history of the place and was very attentive. I ordered the cheeseburger and homemade chips which were also great. I would have gave the place 5 stars except for one thing. Here's the bad part, When i walked up the porch to go in the place there was this guy sitting at a table on the porch. I happen to have a cup with a some tea left in it from an earlier stop at a convenience store. Well as soon as I stepped on the porch this guy barked at me "that's not allowed on the porch" i was kind of surprised and said what and again "that's not allowed on the porch". So my tea is not allowed. There was a trash can there so I chunked it. This guy was so rude and I almost turned around and walked off but I was really hungry. This guy needs to learn so tact. It would have been just an easy to say something like "excuse me sir we don't allow outside drinks, please drop in trash or take back to the car" and then when i trash it say "thank you sir". This guy sets the tone for your visit and i wanted to say "is the cup allowed up your behind". Then when i left the guy just sitting there doing nothing could have said thank you come again. I don't understand peeps acting that way when your coming in to spend your hard earned money. I asked the waiter about the rule on no outside drinks and he explained that peeps try to sneak in beer and liquor in paper cups to save some pennys on drinks so i understood the reason just need to handle it better at the door. I don't want to discourage anybody from going to the Kenney Store because it was a good experience once i got inside.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Well my wife and I have had the awesome burgers, salads. chicken fried steak, and hamburger steaks. They all rank way above average. But tonight we tried the 20ounce ribeye steak. So big we shared it and I have to say it was great and one of the best I have had in a long time. Amazing flavor and so tender. Wow. You have to try this place out if you haven’t done so. You won’t be sorry. And on Wednesday night they have half priced drinks. A great place to hang out, hear live music most nights and amazing food! And our server Lisa was awesome!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We started out with chips and green sauce. The green sauce was a home made ranch dip. We then moved on to a fried cat fish and chicken fried steak bites. Home made mashed potatoes came with both meals and we added fried okra. We washed it down with sweet tea. Hey, when you go fried, go all the way!

Service and meal was outstanding. Each fried item had unique crust. Each item was fresh and tasted great. Sweet tea was very good but we ended up going half and half because it was sweet.

We will be going back and bring friends. I would like to try different items but It is going to be hard to choose something else when the first was so good.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

THIS IS A LITTLE OUT OF THE WAY BUT IT'S SO WORTH IT.
FRIENDS and Family ate here today and it is to die for.
The BLT that I had, had a Bacon Mustash, bacon hanging from both sides, so delicious. Oh and the Garlic Parmesan Fries, words can not describe. So many items on the menue. The service was excellent. We will be Back.