“Much better than expected , excellent stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston West Katy Mills
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Plano, Texas
“Much better than expected , excellent stay!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was in Katy, Texas for a family member 50th Birthday party this past weekend. I searched for a hotel close by all weekend's activities. There are no 4 or 5 stars hotels around this place so I started to read reviews about the small hotels around the area and decided on the Hilton Garden Inn. Reviews are right on the dot. The staff is super nice, service is great and everything is new. My room was big and on the 2nd floor. Did not hear any noise and slept all night. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean and with granite countertops. Beds are excellent and much better than some 4 or 5 stars hotels. The breakfast is fabulous and has a lot to choose from. I was surprised how good it was for a 3 star hotel. The only thing I found rather weird was that when I went to use the safety box there was a pair of pants with belt inside it which tells me they didn't check the safe when cleaning but I told the front desk and they immediately came to remove the pants and expressed how sorry they were about the incident.
The location is great since is by Katy Mills Mall. There a lot of stores around and restaurants too. The lobby is nice and has a warmth to it as it is set like a living room. They even have a small bar. They complied with every request I made and always in a prompt manner. I loved the place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank lulu90
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and it was the best experience ever! The room was clean and comfortable, the service was great, and the food was excellent. It was the best breakfast buffet ever!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank txboo
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were greeted by helpful, courteous staff at 10:00 p.m. which helped start our 5 day stay there on a positive note. We were their to attend a family member's wedding. Our stay at the Hilton made our weekend even more memorable. The service staff in the restaurant was efficient and friendly. We had breakfast there every morning and the food was always very good. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The lobby was inviting and well kept. We used the outdoor pool several times. The pool/deck were clean and well stocked with towels. My daughter and I were stranded without transportation one afternoon but the hotel rescued us. They dropped us off at the mall and told us to call when we were ready to come back so our day was successful. There was no charge for that service. We had a wonderful experience and WILL return to the Hilton Garden on our next trip to Texas.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank TE1185
Katy, Texas, USA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I recently booked a block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston West Katy Mills for our daughter's wedding weekend for family and friends. The service we received at this hotel was awesome! The staff went out of their way to make our guests stay the best. Kim Remlinger, Director of Sales, and her support staff were very friendly, professional and accommodated all of our guests and their needs. The rooms were clean and spacious and the restaurant food was delicious. All of our guests commented on their wonderful experience at this hotel and all stated that they would stay at this particular hotel again when in the Katy, TX area. The hotel is close to Katy Mills Mall and the shuttle service that the hotel offers was used several times with no problems. Several guests enjoyed lounging around the pool and others used the work out facilities. I highly recommend this hotel and would book it again for future needs. They were awesome to all of our wedding guests and to my husband and I.

Room Tip: The rooms were clean, spacious and the staff was awesome!