“Great Restaurant, Great Food, Live Entertainment”

The KnightLight Theater & Wine Tavern
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Jefferson
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Smoke Free in an Olde World Setting. Wines and Craft Beer from around the world accompanied with great steaks and fine food. Live entertainment and Mixed Drinks.
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Enjoyed diner and some great music at the KnighLight Tavern. Food was great. Band playing was wonderful.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Perfect setting, great service, awesome food and drink! Specialty burgers were outstanding. Tried another place on night two and wish we didn't. Went back there just for a couple of beers to enjoy the setting.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Wonderful restaurant with live music and terrific atmosphere! We went there for dinner on Friday and loved it so much, we went back for Saturday dinner. There was a trio singing various cover songs (Fleetwood Mac, America, Bob Dylan, etc) and we stayed well after paying for our meal to just enjoy the music. We had pizza (6x8 inch personal pizza) and burgers and both were delicious. The waitresses were sweet as well. Just a romantic and great place to have a glass of wine and relax after walking around town, exploring the various antique shops in Jefferson.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We actually ate there on Friday night and had their wonderful special of crab legs at a very reasonable price. Good service and the easy listening live music brought us back the following evening to hear more. 80 West was the band. Enjoyed both evenings there.

1  Thank Dana75081
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We were spending the weekend in Jefferson and the BnB owner had told us this was a good place to get a burger or steak and listen to some music. The only reason I give this place two stars is that the singer was great. He played several Willie Nelson tunes and sounded terrific.

Our waitress told us she was having a bad day, and it really appeared she was and the kitchen was helping out. We watched people who had ordered 10 or 20 minutes after us get their meals. The couple next to us even told us they felt bad eating in front of us since we had been waiting so long. When our waitress finally came by, we asked where our food was and we were told that "food takes time". Even though those around us seemed to be getting their meals much faster.

When the food showed up (a burger for me, and grilled chicken on rice for my wife) it was pretty obvious some of it had set for a while. Fries with burger was cold. Rice with chicken was cold. Burger was extremely well done (funny, no one had asked me how I would like it done.) However, since we had waited more than an hour for our food, we ate it.

Another waitress appearing to be a little more in charge came by and asked how everything was. When we told her the above she said "you probably didn't know, but we cook everything outside. " When we explained that was fine, but everyone else seemed to get their outdoor cooked food in a much more timely fashion, she told us "don't give up on us." And then disappeared. Our waitress showed back up with the ticket...actually an ipad where you sign and stood over me while I figured out just how little tip to leave. I saved most of the tip money to give to the musician who actually made this bearable.

I haven't panned many places, but this one was truly awful.

Richard P, Owner at The KnightLight Theater & Wine Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you for your review, however it is so much more helpful if you can actually let a manager/owner know that something has gone wrong it allows us a chance to resolve the issue. My wife and I were actually sitting in the room that night listening to the music too...(rare for us), which means there was no one waiting for food for an hour. We researched your service that night and while one of the servers did say you mentioned your rice was cold, you told her not to bother. We could have easily resolved that and since you did stay another 30 minutes after you finished eating to listen to the free music we provided, time should not have been a problem. The "quotes" from the servers are inconsistent with what they tell people and I really don't understand the "outside" remark. The tip you left was actually a standard "good" tip, so again, that makes no sense. I've seen your other reviews and how you arrived at 2 stars on our place while never letting the manager/owner know anything might be wrong and saying it was awful at the end, while then staying another 3o minutes makes no sense to me whatsoever and in my opinion is not helpful to other customers looking for a restaurant.