“my favorite restaurant!”

Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 42
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in a 1890's home. White tablecloths and silverplate flatware. Menu changes seasonally with daily specials. Chef owned, since 1984. Casual attire. Men asked to remove their hats before being seated.Fresh seafood, rack of lamb, veal dishes occasionally.
Reviewed 20 February 2017

The food at The Stillwater Inn is still the best. We've been coming to Jefferson, Texas for 20 plus years. Dinner at The Stillwater is always a must. Friday night I ordered my favortie steak with a bordelaise sauce. My sister had pan sauteed halibut with a white wine pimento sauce. Words can't explain how delicious both were. We also had the fried goat cheese salad. Out of this world! This restaurant is lovely.

1  Thank miltex
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stillwater Inn

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I LOVED this restaurant. It was truly a fine dining experience nestled into a cozy, historic little home. Lovely. My beau and I started with the crab claws, which were chilled and herb-marinated. Next, we shared the house salad. It was amazing.I ordered the pecan-crusted trout, while he enjoyed the filet. While both were good, the filet was definitely my favorite. Bread is served beforehand, as well, so we did not leave hungry. Our tab was around $130 for two, $150 with a tip, so it is on the pricey side if that is a consideration. I had a couple glasses of wine, he a few beers. Our only complaint is that vegetarian entrees were not offered. A pasta dish would be a welcome addition to the menu. Although one is featured in the menu posted on this site, we did not find that to be the case.

smokedpeppers, Owner at Stillwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. I appreciate your suggestions as to the menu.
We always have several a la carte vegetables in addition to the vegetables included with the entrée, and with a little advance notice, I am happy to prepare a special vegetarian plate with additional off menu options.
The menu you viewed was posted by a third party, and not up to date. Our current menu is best viewed via our website: stillwaterinn.com.
I sometimes offer a pasta dish, but pasta requires considerable last minute attention, and is difficult to execute in a one chef operation. Such is the challenge of having a white tablecloth restaurant in a community of 2,000 permanent residents, but we have managed for 33 years. Thank goodness for the visitors that inflate our town's population on the weekends.
Thank you again for your taking the time to review your experience here. I am glad you found it a positive one.
Bill Stewart
Chef/owner

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We last visited Jefferson and the Stillwater Inn 20 years ago or more and decided we were long overdue for another visit. We remembered how wonderful the food and service were then and hoped for a repeat - we were not disappointed. In fact we had dinner at Stillwater Inn both nights we spent in Jefferson.

The first night we both had the Stillwater salad and the fish special, a pan sauteed Gulf flounder. Everything was very delicious and the service was excellent. The second night we tried the other salad choices, Greek and Goat Cheese, and were similarly impressed. I ordered the evening's special venison rack with cherry sauce and the meat was so tender I could cut it with my fork. My husband ordered the pork tenderloin and had no complaints (and he's pretty picky).

We considered it an excellent experience both nights and hope we can return soon.

smokedpeppers, Owner at Stillwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the Stillwater Inn. Over the past 33 years, we have been delighted to see guest from the distant past remember us when planning a return trip to Jefferson. We appreciate the fact that you found our menu varied enough to dine with us both nights. Visitors to Jefferson are fortunate to have so many enjoyable options.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

This is a very popular restaurant and reservations are definitely needed especially for special events. The main negative is it is very pricy. A salmon entrée with vegetables is $26. The menu is extensive. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

There is simply no better classic fine dining between the Mississippi River and Dallas than Bill and Sharon's Stillwater Inn.

Been to Stillwater Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK